R.L. Stine's 'First Day of School' Gets Big Screen Treatment
Another work by R.L. Stine is coming to the big screen. Although the book will not be published until early July, "It's the First Day of School ... Forever!" has been optioned by Gotham Group.
Gotham Group CEO Ellen Goldsmith-Vein will serve as the co-producer for the forthcoming film, along with Gotham's executive VP of production and development Eric Robinson, Stine's longtime collaborator Yvonne Bernard, and Gemini Girls Productions' Beth Elise Hawk. The screenwriter and the studio are still an open question for Gotham Group.
Stine has recently confirmed news about movie adaptation of "It's the First Day of School ... Forever!" to Moviefone. He also revealed that the script for "The Sitter", which is also based on his book, has been finished. "Yes, that story is true," he said. "I also have an adult movie in the works based on my novel 'The Sitter.' It's called 'The Au Pair' now, and it's being produced by Sam Raimi's company. There's actually a script!"
"It's the First Day of School ... Forever!" centers its story on a socially awkward 12-year-old, named Artie, who must relive the first day of school over. As he solves some mysteries, he will restore time to normalcy.
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton