R.L. Stine's 'First Day of School' Gets Big Screen Treatment
Another work by R.L. Stine is coming to the big screen. Although the book will not be published until early July, "It's the First Day of School ... Forever!" has been optioned by Gotham Group.
Gotham Group CEO Ellen Goldsmith-Vein will serve as the co-producer for the forthcoming film, along with Gotham's executive VP of production and development Eric Robinson, Stine's longtime collaborator Yvonne Bernard, and Gemini Girls Productions' Beth Elise Hawk. The screenwriter and the studio are still an open question for Gotham Group.
Stine has recently confirmed news about movie adaptation of "It's the First Day of School ... Forever!" to Moviefone. He also revealed that the script for "The Sitter", which is also based on his book, has been finished. "Yes, that story is true," he said. "I also have an adult movie in the works based on my novel 'The Sitter.' It's called 'The Au Pair' now, and it's being produced by Sam Raimi's company. There's actually a script!"
"It's the First Day of School ... Forever!" centers its story on a socially awkward 12-year-old, named Artie, who must relive the first day of school over. As he solves some mysteries, he will restore time to normalcy.
- Mick Jagger, 73, Welcomes Baby Boy With 30-Year-Old Girlfriend Melanie Hamrick
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes