R.L. Stine's 'First Day of School' Gets Big Screen Treatment
Another work by R.L. Stine is coming to the big screen. Although the book will not be published until early July, "It's the First Day of School ... Forever!" has been optioned by Gotham Group.
Gotham Group CEO Ellen Goldsmith-Vein will serve as the co-producer for the forthcoming film, along with Gotham's executive VP of production and development Eric Robinson, Stine's longtime collaborator Yvonne Bernard, and Gemini Girls Productions' Beth Elise Hawk. The screenwriter and the studio are still an open question for Gotham Group.
Stine has recently confirmed news about movie adaptation of "It's the First Day of School ... Forever!" to Moviefone. He also revealed that the script for "The Sitter", which is also based on his book, has been finished. "Yes, that story is true," he said. "I also have an adult movie in the works based on my novel 'The Sitter.' It's called 'The Au Pair' now, and it's being produced by Sam Raimi's company. There's actually a script!"
"It's the First Day of School ... Forever!" centers its story on a socially awkward 12-year-old, named Artie, who must relive the first day of school over. As he solves some mysteries, he will restore time to normalcy.
- Katy Perry's Backup Dancer Falls Offstage During Her BRIT Award Performance
- Rooney Mara's Isla Tries to Commit Suicide in New 'The Discovery' Trailer
- Matt Damon Urging Ben Affleck to Find a New Wife Amid Jennifer Garner Divorce Rumors
- Scarlett Johansson All Smiles During Lunch Date With Mystery Man After Romain Dauriac Split
- The Chainsmokers and Coldplay Team Up for Love Song 'Something Just Like This'
- Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz Are 'Living Separate Lives'
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Spin-Off 'Mayans MC' Taps John Ortiz to Star as New Charter President
- Angelina Jolie May Soon Star in 'Maleficent 2'