R.L. Stine's 'First Day of School' Gets Big Screen Treatment
Another work by R.L. Stine is coming to the big screen. Although the book will not be published until early July, "It's the First Day of School ... Forever!" has been optioned by Gotham Group.
Gotham Group CEO Ellen Goldsmith-Vein will serve as the co-producer for the forthcoming film, along with Gotham's executive VP of production and development Eric Robinson, Stine's longtime collaborator Yvonne Bernard, and Gemini Girls Productions' Beth Elise Hawk. The screenwriter and the studio are still an open question for Gotham Group.
Stine has recently confirmed news about movie adaptation of "It's the First Day of School ... Forever!" to Moviefone. He also revealed that the script for "The Sitter", which is also based on his book, has been finished. "Yes, that story is true," he said. "I also have an adult movie in the works based on my novel 'The Sitter.' It's called 'The Au Pair' now, and it's being produced by Sam Raimi's company. There's actually a script!"
"It's the First Day of School ... Forever!" centers its story on a socially awkward 12-year-old, named Artie, who must relive the first day of school over. As he solves some mysteries, he will restore time to normalcy.
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special