R.L. Stine's 'First Day of School' Gets Big Screen Treatment
Another work by R.L. Stine is coming to the big screen. Although the book will not be published until early July, "It's the First Day of School ... Forever!" has been optioned by Gotham Group.
Gotham Group CEO Ellen Goldsmith-Vein will serve as the co-producer for the forthcoming film, along with Gotham's executive VP of production and development Eric Robinson, Stine's longtime collaborator Yvonne Bernard, and Gemini Girls Productions' Beth Elise Hawk. The screenwriter and the studio are still an open question for Gotham Group.
Stine has recently confirmed news about movie adaptation of "It's the First Day of School ... Forever!" to Moviefone. He also revealed that the script for "The Sitter", which is also based on his book, has been finished. "Yes, that story is true," he said. "I also have an adult movie in the works based on my novel 'The Sitter.' It's called 'The Au Pair' now, and it's being produced by Sam Raimi's company. There's actually a script!"
"It's the First Day of School ... Forever!" centers its story on a socially awkward 12-year-old, named Artie, who must relive the first day of school over. As he solves some mysteries, he will restore time to normalcy.
- Chris Brown Is Released on $250K Bail, Lawyer Calls Assault Allegations 'Demonstrably False'
- Daniel Craig Goes Blonde for His Villain Role in 'Logan Lucky'
- Tyga Has His Ferrari Repossessed While Bentley Shopping With Kylie Jenner
- 'The Flash' Teases Flashpoint Storyline in First Official Images From Season 3
- Halsey Flashes Her Bare Crotch as She Ditches Panties for a VMA After-Party
- Marvel Developing 'New Warriors' Comedy Series Featuring Squirrel Girl
- Mark Hamill Shaves His Jedi Beard and Hints at His Return to 'Star Wars Episode IX'
- 'Supergirl' Casts Superman Villain Metallo for Season 2