Nina Dobrev Ditched Vegetarian Diet for Beef Burger
Nina Dobrev tried to rely on veggies to live once but could not last more than four months. The "The Vampire Diaries" star appeared on the cover of Seventeen Fitness special issue in bikini, talking about the extents she keeps her body in shape.
"At the end of last year, I tried being a vegetarian for four months, and after awhile, I started feeling weak, like I needed more protein, more energy," she says. "Then I read a review an episode of 'The Vampire Diaries' online, and in it the writer mentioned that I was looking too thin. I was like, 'Okay, maybe they're right.' It made me think: I need a burger - a beef burger, not a soy burger."
Although she quit the regime, the experience has spawned a respect for the non meat eater. "I have so much respect for vegetarians and I'm so glad I tried it," Dobrev said, "but it just didn't work out for me." One lesson that she learns is "skinny isn't necessarily attractive. Guys like girls with curves."
The new issue of the magazine hits the stands on May 3.
More Nina Dobrev News
- Taylor Swift Makes Donation to Hospital That Saved Her Godson
- Daniel Radcliffe Eyed for 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child' Movie Trilogy
- Mary J. Blige to Guest Star on 'How to Get Away with Murder'
- Ryan Reynolds Paid 'Deadpool' Screenwriters With His Own Money
- Rob Kardashian Finally Opens Up on Why He Ditched Kim Kardashian's Wedding
- Drake and Rihanna Nuzzling and Holding Hands in Miami
- 'Stranger Things' Officially Renewed for Season 2 - Watch the Teaser Here!
- Chris Stapleton, Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban Lead Nominations for 2016 CMA Awards