Nina Dobrev Ditched Vegetarian Diet for Beef Burger
Nina Dobrev tried to rely on veggies to live once but could not last more than four months. The "The Vampire Diaries" star appeared on the cover of Seventeen Fitness special issue in bikini, talking about the extents she keeps her body in shape.
"At the end of last year, I tried being a vegetarian for four months, and after awhile, I started feeling weak, like I needed more protein, more energy," she says. "Then I read a review an episode of 'The Vampire Diaries' online, and in it the writer mentioned that I was looking too thin. I was like, 'Okay, maybe they're right.' It made me think: I need a burger - a beef burger, not a soy burger."
Although she quit the regime, the experience has spawned a respect for the non meat eater. "I have so much respect for vegetarians and I'm so glad I tried it," Dobrev said, "but it just didn't work out for me." One lesson that she learns is "skinny isn't necessarily attractive. Guys like girls with curves."
The new issue of the magazine hits the stands on May 3.
More Nina Dobrev News
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'
- Did Olivia Munn Just Throw Shade at Aaron Rodgers' Family?