Nina Dobrev Ditched Vegetarian Diet for Beef Burger
Nina Dobrev tried to rely on veggies to live once but could not last more than four months. The "The Vampire Diaries" star appeared on the cover of Seventeen Fitness special issue in bikini, talking about the extents she keeps her body in shape.
"At the end of last year, I tried being a vegetarian for four months, and after awhile, I started feeling weak, like I needed more protein, more energy," she says. "Then I read a review an episode of 'The Vampire Diaries' online, and in it the writer mentioned that I was looking too thin. I was like, 'Okay, maybe they're right.' It made me think: I need a burger - a beef burger, not a soy burger."
Although she quit the regime, the experience has spawned a respect for the non meat eater. "I have so much respect for vegetarians and I'm so glad I tried it," Dobrev said, "but it just didn't work out for me." One lesson that she learns is "skinny isn't necessarily attractive. Guys like girls with curves."
The new issue of the magazine hits the stands on May 3.
More Nina Dobrev News
- Jay-Z Turns 47! Beyonce, Tina Knowles and Kelly Rowland Celebrate Rapper's Birthday in L.A.
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Ties the Knot with Joana Pak
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Kicked Out of Childbirth Class - Here Is Why!
- 'Luke Cage' Renewed for Season 2 at Netflix
- 'Glee' Star Becca Tobin Marries Zach Martin - Check Out Her Wedding Pics!
- Donald Trump Calls 'SNL' Unwatchable, Alec Baldwin Reacts
- Jensen Ackles and Danneel Harris Welcome Twin Babies
- 'Sense8' Announces Premiere Dates for Christmas Special and Season 2