'The Office' Recap: Michael Scott Lies About His Last Day
Steve Carell's last episode of "The Office" has finally been aired on Thursday night, April 28. Wishing no drama, Carell's character Michael Scott visits each of his employees to give them a gift, while not telling them that he is leaving tonight and letting them think he will only leave tomorrow.
Through the gifts, Michael reminds them of their best qualities and what each of them means to him. For Phyllis who has good ideas but never shares them, Michael gives her a set of chattery teeth to remind her to speak up.
To Andy, Michael gives him his 10 best clients to help him out although Andy is the worst salesman in the office. He writes a letter of recommendation for Dwight and has a game of paintball with him. For his own benefits, Michael seeks advice on how to survive a bear attack from Dwight.
At some point, Michael is seemingly reluctant to leave and complains about TV channels that will be different in Colorado. "I'm not going to be able to find my shows," he says. But after speaking to his fiancee Holly through a phone, his doubts are gone.
Michael and Erin's relationship which has grown to be like father-and-daughter relationship is also highlighted in this episode as he gives an advice to Erin who just broke up with Gabe. "You are beautiful, and you are fun, and you are smart," Michael tells her, before adding "and when the right guy comes along, you'll know it."
Michael gets panic when he cannot meet Pam because she leaves to price a new scanner for the office and to secretly see "The King's Speech". The question of whether or not Michael gets a chance to say goodbye to Pam serves as a climatic moment in this episode which has less drama compared to last week's episode where the Dunder Mifflin's staff gave him a surprise musical tribute.
At the airport, Michael takes the wireless mic he has worn for seven seasons of the documentary filming. Surprisingly, Pam arrives in time to give him a hug. But the extended episode is yet to end there as the next day, at Michael's leaving party, everyone is waiting for Michael to arrive. Only Jim who has realized that Michael is leaving a day earlier than others thought.
Next week, "The Office" will return still with Will Ferrell's DeAngelo Vickers as Michael's replacement. This season finale, meanwhile, is going to star-studded with Ricky Gervais, Will Arnett, James Spader, Ray Romano and Catherine Tate billed to show up.
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic