Elizabeth Banks Officially Joins 'The Hunger Games'
Elizabeth Banks has secured a role in "The Hunger Games". On Thursday, April 28, Lionsgate has made it official that the "30 Rock" actress is cast as Effie Trinket in the forthcoming fantasy movie.
Banks recently took to her Twitter page to express her excitement joining the cast. She tweeted, "Yes! And I can now confirm I'm EFFIE TRINKET in @TheHungerGames. So excited! RT @ohpoorsam Effie Trinket!".
Effie Trinket is described as a hired escort for the main characters Katniss Everdeen (Jennifer Lawrence) and Peeta Mellark (Josh Hutcherson). Trinket is known for her changing hair colors, as well as obsession with etiquette and punctuality.
In addition to Banks, Lionsgate has also cast newcomers as tributes. Ian Nelson and Kalia Prescott will play the kids from District 3. Meanwhile, Ethan Jamieson and Tara Macken have been attached to play the unnamed District 4 tributes.
"The Hunger Games" follows 16-year-old Everdeen who lives with her mother and younger sister in the poorest district of Panem, in the apocalyptic America. When her sister is chosen by lottery to participate in a fight-to-the-death annual event called the Hunger Games, Everdeen steps up to go in her place.
Scheduled to grace U.S. theaters on March 30, 2012, the film has Gary Ross as the helmer and Billy Ray as the scribe. Nina Jacobson serves as the producer for the movie which is adapted from Suzanne Collins' science-fiction novel of the same name.
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App
- 'Annabelle' Sequel Gets New Title
- Kim Kardashian Doesn't Want Her Daughter North West to Be Managed by Kris Jenner
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her