Elizabeth Banks Officially Joins 'The Hunger Games'
Elizabeth Banks has secured a role in "The Hunger Games". On Thursday, April 28, Lionsgate has made it official that the "30 Rock" actress is cast as Effie Trinket in the forthcoming fantasy movie.
Banks recently took to her Twitter page to express her excitement joining the cast. She tweeted, "Yes! And I can now confirm I'm EFFIE TRINKET in @TheHungerGames. So excited! RT @ohpoorsam Effie Trinket!".
Effie Trinket is described as a hired escort for the main characters Katniss Everdeen (Jennifer Lawrence) and Peeta Mellark (Josh Hutcherson). Trinket is known for her changing hair colors, as well as obsession with etiquette and punctuality.
In addition to Banks, Lionsgate has also cast newcomers as tributes. Ian Nelson and Kalia Prescott will play the kids from District 3. Meanwhile, Ethan Jamieson and Tara Macken have been attached to play the unnamed District 4 tributes.
"The Hunger Games" follows 16-year-old Everdeen who lives with her mother and younger sister in the poorest district of Panem, in the apocalyptic America. When her sister is chosen by lottery to participate in a fight-to-the-death annual event called the Hunger Games, Everdeen steps up to go in her place.
Scheduled to grace U.S. theaters on March 30, 2012, the film has Gary Ross as the helmer and Billy Ray as the scribe. Nina Jacobson serves as the producer for the movie which is adapted from Suzanne Collins' science-fiction novel of the same name.
- DJ Khaled and Fiancee Nicole Tuck Welcome Baby Boy
- Benedict Cumberbatch and Solange Knowles Set to Make 'SNL' Debut
- Britney Spears Almost Flashes Her Breasts During On-Stage Wardrobe Malfunction
- 'Jessica Jones' Season 2 Will Be Directed Entirely by Women
- Taylor Swift Sings Calvin Harris' Song During Her Return to Stage at Formula 1 Concert
- Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry Go Door to Door for Hillary Clinton at College Dorms
- Watch: Lady GaGa Performs 'Joanne' Songs on 'SNL'
- Tom Hanks Plays 'Black Jeopardy' as Donald Trump's Supporter on 'SNL'