Pre-Royal Wedding Coverage: Kate Middleton Could Show 'a Bit of Skin' in Dress
Ever since Prince William announced his engagement to Kate Middleton, speculation has been rife about the wedding dress the princess-to-be will be wearing. As the clock is ticking closer and closer to the royal wedding, a new report came out that the 29-year-old could be showing off "a bit of skin" in her wedding gown.
A royal source suggested the possibility to Us Weekly, before adding, "Not a lot obviously, but something a bit modern." The insider pointed out that Kate "doesn't want to look old or stuffy." It is said that the bride-to-be also "doesn't want any fussiness" nor does she want "to look older than she is" because of the dress.
As for Kate's hair and make-up, the inside source stressed that Kate wants "to look like herself". "She really wants to look natural. She wants to look like a young Princess, and like the young lady she is," so the insider claimed. Contrary to rumor that Kate will have her hair up, the insider insisted, "The only way she'll have her hair up is if she's been talked into it. That's not the look she wants."
Wedding planner Mark Niemierko additionally told People magazine that Kate has had a series of private lessons with London makeup artist Arabella Preston and is opting to do her make-up herself for the big day. "[Arabella]'s had about three or four lessons with Kate at her private flat in Chelsea and has also gone, very privately to Clarence House," he shared. "Arabella was suppose to be coming on the day as well but now she isn't, because Kate's comfortable and confident in doing it herself."
While details of Kate's wedding dress remain scarce, what William will wear to the Friday, April 29 ceremony has been unraveled. According to St. James's Palace, the British prince will don an Irish Guards uniform. He will wear the uniform of Colonel of the Irish Guards that features a scarlet jacket, a gold and crimson sash, gold sword slings without a sword in it and a forage cap.
Meanwhile, the 28-year-old's brother and best man, Prince Harry, will also sport a military uniform and forage cap. Donning the uniform of Captain of the Household Cavalry, he will don aiguillettes, a cross-belt and gold waist belt with sword slings. He will also be decked in the Wings of the Army Air Corps and Golden Jubilee and Afghanistan campaign medals.
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart