Javier Bardem Attached to 'The Dark Tower'
Javier Bardem has signed up to star in "The Dark Tower". New York Post recently reported that the Academy Award-winning actor has officially taken the lead role of Roland Deschain in the big screen version of Stephen King's book series.
"The Dark Tower" is planned to be made into three films with the TV series filling the gap between each movie. Ron Howard will direct the first film and the first season of a tie-in television series, with Akiva Goldsman writing both. The first big screen installment is expected to come out on May 17, 2013 in the U.S.
Bardem is the first Spaniard to be named nominee at Academy Awards. In 2000, he was nominated for Academy Award for Best Actor for his role in "Before Night Falls". He also played in "No Country for Old Men". Through his role in the movie, he won a series of awards, including 2007 BAFTA Award for Best Actor in a Supporting Role. He was recently nominated in 2011 Academy Award for Best Actor for his role in film "Biutiful".
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance