Javier Bardem Attached to 'The Dark Tower'
Javier Bardem has signed up to star in "The Dark Tower". New York Post recently reported that the Academy Award-winning actor has officially taken the lead role of Roland Deschain in the big screen version of Stephen King's book series.
"The Dark Tower" is planned to be made into three films with the TV series filling the gap between each movie. Ron Howard will direct the first film and the first season of a tie-in television series, with Akiva Goldsman writing both. The first big screen installment is expected to come out on May 17, 2013 in the U.S.
Bardem is the first Spaniard to be named nominee at Academy Awards. In 2000, he was nominated for Academy Award for Best Actor for his role in "Before Night Falls". He also played in "No Country for Old Men". Through his role in the movie, he won a series of awards, including 2007 BAFTA Award for Best Actor in a Supporting Role. He was recently nominated in 2011 Academy Award for Best Actor for his role in film "Biutiful".
- Kim Kardashian Shares Rare Pics for Saint's 1st Birthday as Kanye West Comes Back Home
- Mariah Carey Suffers Another Nip Slip as She and Bryan Tanaka Cozy Up at NYC Hot Spot
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'