Javier Bardem Attached to 'The Dark Tower'
Javier Bardem has signed up to star in "The Dark Tower". New York Post recently reported that the Academy Award-winning actor has officially taken the lead role of Roland Deschain in the big screen version of Stephen King's book series.
"The Dark Tower" is planned to be made into three films with the TV series filling the gap between each movie. Ron Howard will direct the first film and the first season of a tie-in television series, with Akiva Goldsman writing both. The first big screen installment is expected to come out on May 17, 2013 in the U.S.
Bardem is the first Spaniard to be named nominee at Academy Awards. In 2000, he was nominated for Academy Award for Best Actor for his role in "Before Night Falls". He also played in "No Country for Old Men". Through his role in the movie, he won a series of awards, including 2007 BAFTA Award for Best Actor in a Supporting Role. He was recently nominated in 2011 Academy Award for Best Actor for his role in film "Biutiful".
More The Dark Tower News
- Mr. Robot 2.05 Preview: This Is What You Wanted
- JoJo Was Forced to Inject Herself to Lose Weight Fast
- Calvin Harris Is Avoiding Kanye West Collab Amid Taylor Swift Feud
- 'Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life' Gets First Teaser and Premiere Date
- Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck '100 Percent Still Separated' Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Miranda Lambert's Rep Shoots Down Pregnancy Rumors
- Watch Star-Studded Performance of 'What the World Needs Now Is Love' at DNC
- 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Brings Out the Poetic World