Armie Hammer to Pair Up With Johnny Depp in 'Lone Ranger'
Armie Hammer has been a hot commodity since starring in "The Social Network" as the Winklevoss twins. His name is now included in the roundup casting for Disney's "The Lone Ranger" which has already nabbed Johnny Depp in the sidekick role named Tonto.
Previously, it was reported that Ryan Gosling was close to strike a deal as the titular character but it was quickly debunked because the talks did not succeed. Gosling is already attached to "Logan's Run" which begins production this fall and it's possible that the schedule will conflict with "Ranger" and prevent him from saddling up for the role.
Hammer recently took a job as a prince in "Snow White" which will go into production in May for a release in June 2012. Depp is also scheduled to film Tim Burton's "Dark Shadows" in England next month after making promotional appearances for "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides". Bruckheimer and the studio are eager to get "Lone Ranger" in production to meet the 2012 release target but that would depend on Depp's schedule which is actually filled to the brim.
The Lone Ranger is a fictional masked Texas Ranger who, with his Native American companion Tonto, fights injustice in the American Old West.
- Check Out J.Lo's Skin-Baring and Eva Longoria's Classy Looks at Billboard Latin Music Awards
- Gigi Hadid and Zayn Malik Get Cuddly in V Magazine's 'Gigi's Journal'
- Get First Look at David Thewlis' Ares in New 'Wonder Woman' Footage
- 'The Flash' Movie Eying 'Back to the Future' Director Robert Zemeckis
- Kris Jenner Is Banning Pepsi From Her House
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' May Be Johnny Depp's Last Disney Film
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right