Jane Lynch Added to 'The Three Stooges'
Jane Lynch has landed another big screen role. The Pat Stevenson of "Paul" is reportedly attached to "The Three Stooges", a comedy film to be directed by Bobby and Peter Farrelly.
Deadline reported that Lynch will take the role of Mother Superior. The character runs the orphanage where Chris Diamantopoulos' Moe, Sean Hayes' Larry and Will Sasso's Curly grow up, unsuccessfully trying to get them adopted.
Earlier in April, Sofia Vergara is rumored to join the movie. The "Modern Family" actress was said to be in negotiations with 20th Century Fox, although details on her character are yet to be known.
Lynch has appeared on several notable TV series, including "Glee", "Two and a Half Men", "The L Word", and "Criminal Minds". She has also provided voice for Alice in animated movie "Rio".
"The Three Stooges" follows the trio to adulthood and is very much in the spirit of the original shorts, in which the blue collar bumblers got the best of the wealthy society matrons that tried to exploit them. The shooting is expected to be kicked off in May.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie