Jane Lynch Added to 'The Three Stooges'
Jane Lynch has landed another big screen role. The Pat Stevenson of "Paul" is reportedly attached to "The Three Stooges", a comedy film to be directed by Bobby and Peter Farrelly.
Deadline reported that Lynch will take the role of Mother Superior. The character runs the orphanage where Chris Diamantopoulos' Moe, Sean Hayes' Larry and Will Sasso's Curly grow up, unsuccessfully trying to get them adopted.
Earlier in April, Sofia Vergara is rumored to join the movie. The "Modern Family" actress was said to be in negotiations with 20th Century Fox, although details on her character are yet to be known.
Lynch has appeared on several notable TV series, including "Glee", "Two and a Half Men", "The L Word", and "Criminal Minds". She has also provided voice for Alice in animated movie "Rio".
"The Three Stooges" follows the trio to adulthood and is very much in the spirit of the original shorts, in which the blue collar bumblers got the best of the wealthy society matrons that tried to exploit them. The shooting is expected to be kicked off in May.
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered