Stalker Arrested for Attacking Paris Hilton's Boyfriend Outside L.A. Courthouse
Paris Hilton and boyfriend Cy Waits went to a Los Angeles County court on Wednesday, April 27 to testify against an alleged home intruder, but found themselves in harm's way. As the couple walked into the building, a man broke through a group of photographers and attempted to grab Cy in the back of the neck.
Luckily, Paris' security team acted quickly and subdued the man identified as Jim Rainford in a headlock. Telling her Twitter followers about the incident, the hotel heiress wrote, "Omg @KathyHilton! That other psycho intruder just punched Cy in the back of the head as we were walking into the court house. So scary!"
Jim was later put under custody by citizen's arrest. He was booked for a misdemeanor offense by Van Nuys police and being held on $20,000 bail. After the arrest, he told E! News he only wanted to ask an autograph from the 30-year-old and to ask her father, Rick, for permission to propose to her. Radar Online, meanwhile, reported that he told cops, "Ricky Hilton said I could marry Paris. He gave me his blessing. I love Paris."
In a statement regarding the assault, Paris' representative told E! News that Jim was no stranger. "After the attack, they realized he is the same intruder that showed up to her home on a bicycle a few months ago," revealed the rep. "He has now been taken into custody. They are both a bit shaken up but thankful security acted quickly. The attacker assaulted Cy from behind."
Back in October 2010, Jim Rainford was arrested for trespassing on Paris' pad in the Hollywood Hills. He also got into an altercation with her private security. Pleading no contest to civil assault, he was sentenced to 3 years probation. E! further noted that public records showed he was also ordered stay at least 200 yards away from the socialite.
Paris and Cy came to the Van Nuys courthouse on Wednesday as witnesses in the case against Nathan Parada who broke into their home in 2010 wielding a knife.
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen