Melissa Farman Is Bristol Palin in HBO's 'Game Change'
HBO's "Game Change" has found its Bristol Palin. After the network cast Julianne Moore as Sarah Palin, "Temple Grandin" actress Melissa Farman is recruited to join the cast to portray the former vice presidential nominee's daughter.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" star Larry Sullivan has also been cast as Sarah Palin's deputy chief of staff Chris Edwards. Meanwhile, Jamey Sheridan has just nabbed the role of John McCain's speechwriter and senior campaign advisor Mark Salter.
Also recently being added to the cast ensemble of the TV movie is Ron Livingston. The actor of HBO's mini series "Band of Brothers" is tapped to portray Mark Wallace, a senior adviser to McCain-Palin 2008. He led the debate-preparation team for Palin, who ended up exceeding expectations in her face-off with Joe Biden.
Previously, Oscar nominee Ed Harris has been tapped to play former presidential candidate John McCain. Woody Harrelson is also on board to take the role of McCain's senior campaign strategist and advisor.
Based on the bestselling book of the same name by John Heilemann and Mark Halperin, "Game Change" focuses on McCain's 2008 presidential campaign, from his controversial selection of Palin as his running mate to their ultimate defeat in the general election.
Jay Roach and Danny Strong, who have collaborated for HBO's Emmy-winning film "Recount", are teaming up once again for the new project. The former will serve as a director, while the latter will provide the script. Executive producing it are Tom Hanks and Gary Goetzman.
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March