Lindsay Lohan Sees Oscar in Her Future
Troubled actress Lindsay Lohan apparently is optimistic about her future in the movie industry despite all of her legal woes. The "Mean Girls" star stopped by "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" on Monday, April 25, and shared to host Jay Leno that she hopes to winning an Oscar before she reached 30.
In the interview aired on Tuesday, April 26, the 24-year-old was quizzed where she sees herself six years from now. Responding to the question, the actress who first appeared on "The Tonight Show" when she was 12 simply said, "Hopefully sitting her after I've won an Oscar." She added, "That would be ideal."
Asked if she worried she won't get roles in movies, the actress who has just landed a part in "Gotti: Three Generations" admitted, "I've made a lot of poor decisions in the past and I'm dealing with the consequences of those decisions." She added, "So yeah, there were times when I was concerned, but I'm a fighter and I know that I have to work to gain the respect back. And I'm willing to do the work that I have to do to follow through with being an actress."
Lilo continued. "I feel like I've let a lot of my fans down by putting myself in situations when I was young and wasn't thinking clearly. I really just want to be the person that I aspire to be, and be the actress, and be in this industry and make movies and do what I love to do, and bring characters to life that people can relate to. And my fans have been really supportive of me doing that."
Speaking of being sentenced to spend another 120 days in jail, the "Machete" actress admitted that it was "definitely a bit shocking," before adding, "I was kind of numb." As for her previous experience behind bars, she said, "It was an interesting experience. It was definitely a wake-up call. When it happened...Everything happens for a reason."
During the chat, Lilo also pointed out, "Being young and being in the position that I was in, you don't really take the time to appreciate what you have, and it's all kind of a whirlwind and people make decisions for you. But I'm not a kid anymore, I'm 24, I've made a lot of mistakes and I recognize that. But I'm in the clear now, and as long as I stay focused, I will achieve what I want to achieve."
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip