Christina Aguilera Makes a Joke Out of 'Her National Anthem Nightmare'
Christina Aguilera laughed off the incident at this year's Super Bowl which saw her messing the National Anthem. When appearing on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" for its Tuesday, April 26 episode, the female judge of "The Voice" joked about how she forgot the lyrics.
"I'm human. What can I say? Shoot me for appreciating the moment. I mean shoot me, I sang it live," she told Ellen DeGeneres. "That night I knew, I just made myself a Trivial Pursuit question. 'In 2011 what female singer, ya know, flubbed the lyrics'."
"It's just insane," the "Not Myself Tonight" singer said of the embarrassing moment and how she dealt with the criticism. "But I have a really good laugh about it and you get over things. You get back up again and you just prove to yourself and to everyone you that much stronger."
Sharing her feeling when she sang the song in the middle of the field, she said, "I got really into the song itself, and appreciating the moment." She insisted she didn't immediately realize her mistake, "But as soon as I got offstage there was someone with a microphone who was like, 'Amazing job - how did it feel to flub the lyrics?' "
More Christina Aguilera News
- Cara Delevingne Goes Bottomless to Raise Awareness for Cancer. See the Racy Snap
- Kim and Kourtney Throw Pampering Session for Khloe Kardashian Following Her Second Divorce Filing
- Listen to The Weeknd and Cashmere Cat's 'Wild Love' Collab
- Robert Zemeckis Developing Noah's Ark in Space for NBC
- Kylie Jenner Flashes Her Bra Like Kendall After Denying Boob Job Rumors
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Put Their Wedding on Hold. Find Out Why!
- Usher Releases Two New Tracks Off 'Hard II Love'
- Rihanna Gets the Biggest Gift Ever From Drake in Honor of Her VMAs Win