Christina Aguilera Makes a Joke Out of 'Her National Anthem Nightmare'
Christina Aguilera laughed off the incident at this year's Super Bowl which saw her messing the National Anthem. When appearing on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" for its Tuesday, April 26 episode, the female judge of "The Voice" joked about how she forgot the lyrics.
"I'm human. What can I say? Shoot me for appreciating the moment. I mean shoot me, I sang it live," she told Ellen DeGeneres. "That night I knew, I just made myself a Trivial Pursuit question. 'In 2011 what female singer, ya know, flubbed the lyrics'."
"It's just insane," the "Not Myself Tonight" singer said of the embarrassing moment and how she dealt with the criticism. "But I have a really good laugh about it and you get over things. You get back up again and you just prove to yourself and to everyone you that much stronger."
Sharing her feeling when she sang the song in the middle of the field, she said, "I got really into the song itself, and appreciating the moment." She insisted she didn't immediately realize her mistake, "But as soon as I got offstage there was someone with a microphone who was like, 'Amazing job - how did it feel to flub the lyrics?' "
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic
- Selena Gomez Spotted Lip Syncing to The Weeknd's Songs at His Show in Toronto
- Orlando Bloom's Naked Photo Is Spread All Over Hollywood
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala