Key Dates to 2012 Oscar Unveiled
The Academy President Tom Sherak announced on Tuesday, April 26 the key dates to the 84th Annual Academy Awards. The ceremony will be held Sunday, February 26 and again take place at the Kodak Theater at Hollywood and Highland Center, Hollywood.
ABC will be the official network, broadcasting the ceremony and the 90-minute red carpet live. Meanwhile, nominations will be announced on Tuesday, January 24 at 5:30 A.M. PT at Samuel Goldwyn Theater. The Academy's president is usually accompanied by two or three actors who have a relevant work and may be a nominee.
It was previously reported that the Oscars could be moved to January in a bid to boost TV ratings and reclaim some of its luster. However, the Academy ultimately decided not to significantly change the timing of the ceremony in 2012 but said it will continue to evaluate the pros and cons of the idea for the future.
Key Dates for 2012 awards:
Thursday, December 1, 2011: Official Screen Credits forms due
Tuesday, December 27, 2011: Nominations ballots mailed
Friday, January 13, 2012: Nominations polls close 5 P.M. PT
Tuesday, January 24, 2012: Nominations announced 5:30 A.M. PT, Samuel Goldwyn Theater
Wednesday, February 1, 2012: Final ballots mailed
Monday, February 6, 2012: Nominees Luncheon
Saturday, February 11, 2012: Scientific and Technical Awards presentation
Tuesday, February 21, 2012: Final polls close 5 P.M. PT
Sunday, February 26, 2012: the 84th Annual Academy Awards presentation
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'