CW Renews 'Vampire Diaries', 'Gossip Girl', 'Supernatural' and Two More
The CW has officially announced that "The Vampire Diaries", "Gossip Girl", "Supernatural", "90210" and "America's Next Top Model" are picked up for new season. The renewal for "Vampire Diaries" has been expected as it has become the network's most-watched show. The drama fantasy will return for a third season.
"Gossip Girl", meanwhile, is The CW's second most popular series. The teen drama will be back for its fifth season and will hit its 100th episode next season. As for "Supernatural", it has maintained steady numbers in its Friday night time slot which is TV's toughest night. The show will return for its seventh season.
"90210", which is the network's most DVRed series, will be back for its fourth season. The pick-up for "Top Model", meanwhile, means the show will return in the fall with its first-ever All-Star Edition, featuring breakout characters from past cycles.
Still awaiting decision are "One Tree Hill", "Hellcats" and "Nikita". Most cast of "Hill", however, have officially signed on for a ninth season if there is.
- Mariah Carey Tells Friends That James Packer Is 'Mentally Unstable' and 'Violent'
- Britney Spears Reveals Theme of 'Slumber Party' Video
- Dakota Fanning's Parents Are Divorcing After 27 Years of Marriage
- Kevin Jonas Welcomes His Second Child With Wife Danielle
- Mariah Carey's Rep Reveals Lovers' Quarrel in Greece Leads to Her Split From James Packer
- 'Will and Grace' Revival in the Works
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO