Arrested for Disorderly Conduct, Ex-Destiny's Child Star Plans to Sue Police
Farrah Franklin is looking to sue Culver City Police for mistreating her. The former Destiny's Child singer was taken into custody for disorderly conduct at 6:45 A.M. last Saturday, April 23. Hours after news of her arrest surfaced, she reached out to TMZ and claimed she has fallen victim to racial profiling by the police.
"Unfortunately, I am the latest victim on what seems to be a growing list of those who are racially profiled and mistreated by Culver City Police," alleged the 29-year-old. "I was manhandled by the arresting officers. I am really upset about all that has taken place. I have never had a run in with the law before Saturday. On Saturday I was not arrested, I was detained."
Farrah additionally claimed, "There were no female officers on duty and I was required to take off my top and treated unfairly." She also took to her Twitter to unleash her rant over the matter, "YES, I'm okay & YES there WILL be a lawsuit ! F**K da Culver City Police !!!! You cant keep a good girl down."
Culver City Police, in the meantime, insisted to TMZ that they were only responding to a call that was placed to 911. They went on to stress that Farrah was indeed arrested, and inside sources additionally noted that one of the arresting officers was female.
TMZ reported that the booking sheet uncovered that Farrah was released from custody on Saturday on $100 bail. The singer joined Destiny's Child for about five months in 2000 before she was dumped by Beyonce Knowles' father Mathew Knowles, who served as the group's manager at the time, after she failed to show up for several appearances and concerts.
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set
- Here's Why Kenya Moore Kept Her Husband's Identity Secret
- Taylor Swift Makes Many Heartbreak Songs for New Album Despite Blooming Romance With Joe Alwyn
- Are They Hooking Up? Amber Rose Spotted Leaving a Club With 21 Savage