'Safe House' Adds Vera Farmiga and Joel Kinnaman in Key Roles
Coming at the same time are the casting news of Vera Farmiga and Joel Kinnaman for "Safe House", a thriller directed by Daniel Espinosa. The film has previously nabbed Ryan Reynolds and Denzel Washington in the lead roles and is assigning Farmiga to be Reynolds' character's CIA supervisor and Kinnaman as the safe house operator.
For Farmiga, this is the second time she plays supervisor to the lead man. She was an Air Force officer giving instructions to Jake Gyllenhaal's character in "Source Code". Meanwhile, for Kinamman this is the second time he's working with Espinosa. They teamed up in the Swedish actor's breakout film "Easy Money" which was released last year.
Production of "Safe House" has been kicked off in South Africa, using the script by Us Weekly editor David Guggenheim. Brendan Gleeson, Sam Shepard, Robert Patrick, Tim McGraw and Liam Cunningham also star in it.
- Selena Gomez Chops Off Her Hair - See Her New Short Haircut!
- DC to Bring Beast Boy to Life in Live-Action Series 'Titans'
- 'Star Wars Episode IX', 'Indiana Jones 5', 'Frozen 2' Get Release Dates
- Is DC Comedy 'Powerless' Canceled by NBC?
- Seth Rogen and Billy Eichner Join Live-Action 'Lion King'
- Report: Blake Shelon Is Hiding Shameful Family Secrets From Gwen Stefani
- Kim Kardashian Hits Back at Haters Over Her Unretouched Bikini Photos
- Are J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Readying New Show Together?