Johnny Depp's '21 Jump Street' Cameo Confirmed
Johnny Depp is reportedly on board to appear in Columbia Pictures' "21 Jump Street". Confirming the wild rumor, Coming Soon has just reported that the "Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl" star will indeed make a cameo on the comedy.
The site did not mention what role Depp, who starred as Officer Tom Hansen on the TV version, will play. Meanwhile, it was reported that the movie is currently in production, to meet the scheduled March 16, 2012 U.S. release date.
Depp shot to fame after he starred on "21 Jump Street" TV series. He has since landed roles in big movies such as Disney remake of "Alice in Wonderland", in which he stars as Mad Hatter. He will next be seen on "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides".
Based on Fox's TV series, which was aired in 1987-1991, "21 Jump Street" tells a tale of a group of young cops whose youthful appearance allowed them to work undercover in high schools and colleges and search out troubled kids.
Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill will take the lead roles. Meanwhile, Brie Larson, Ice Cube, and Dave Franco are among actors taking supporting roles in the film. Phil Lord and Chris Miller team up to helm the project.
- Kourtney Kardashian on Reconciling With Scott Disick: 'I'm So Not There Yet'
- Listen to Preview of Carly Rae Jepsen's 'E.Mo.Tion: Side B' Tracks
- Here's Your First Look at Kristin Chenoweth's Easter on 'American Gods'
- Prince's Paisley Park Home Will Be Open for Public in October
- Terminally Ill Fan Got Special Screening of 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Before Passing
- Here's What Blac Chyna Thinks of Kylie Jenner Playing Step Mom to King Cairo
- 'Mr. Robot' 2.09 Preview: It's Time to Go Home
- Lady GaGa's New Song 'Perfect Illusion' Reportedly due Out Next Week