Lady GaGa to Sing 'Judas' on 'Ellen' and Premiere Video on 'Idol'
Lady GaGa is due to perform "Judas" on national television for the first time on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" on Thursday, April 28. She would then follow it up with an interview with Ellen DeGeneres, discussing her egg act at this year's Grammy and what fans can expect from her next.
At the same time, Interscope Records also announced via Twitter that the music video for "Judas" would premiere on "American Idol" on May 2. This has become an annual tradition for GaGa to appear on the singing show every May. Back in 2009, she performed "Poker Face" before live audience and returned to the stage for a performance of "Alejandro" the next year, all in the fifth month.
The "Judas" video was filmed on April 2 and 3 and was directed by GaGa in collaboration with her creative director, Laurieann Gibson. The artist called the filming and directing "the most exciting artistic moment of my career. It's the greatest work we've done." Norman Reedus plays Judas, while GaGa plays the part of Mary Magdalene. Catholic League slammed her intention of premiering the video near Easter celebration.
"Judas" is the latest offering from GaGa's "Born This Way" album. It contains the lyrics: "In the most Biblical sense, I am beyond repentance / Fame hooker, prostitute wench, vomits her mind / But in the cultural sense I just speak in future tense/ Judas kiss me if offensed, or wear an ear condom next time."
More Lady GaGa News
- Britney Spears and Tinashe Share Photo From 'Slumber Party' Video Shoot
- Jennifer Lawrence Has Competition! Scarlett Johansson Develops a Zelda Fitzgerald Rival Project
- 'The Punisher' Announces 5 More New Cast Members
- Kristen Stewart Reunites With 'Twilight' Co-Stars at Women in Hollywood Awards
- Len Wiseman Files for Divorce From Kate Beckinsale
- Lady GaGa to Perform at 2016 American Music Awards
- Gilmore Girls at Major Crossroads in 'A Year in the Life' First Trailer
- Justin Timberlake Votes Early and Lands in Trouble for Taking Ballot Selfie