Lady GaGa to Sing 'Judas' on 'Ellen' and Premiere Video on 'Idol'
Lady GaGa is due to perform "Judas" on national television for the first time on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" on Thursday, April 28. She would then follow it up with an interview with Ellen DeGeneres, discussing her egg act at this year's Grammy and what fans can expect from her next.
At the same time, Interscope Records also announced via Twitter that the music video for "Judas" would premiere on "American Idol" on May 2. This has become an annual tradition for GaGa to appear on the singing show every May. Back in 2009, she performed "Poker Face" before live audience and returned to the stage for a performance of "Alejandro" the next year, all in the fifth month.
The "Judas" video was filmed on April 2 and 3 and was directed by GaGa in collaboration with her creative director, Laurieann Gibson. The artist called the filming and directing "the most exciting artistic moment of my career. It's the greatest work we've done." Norman Reedus plays Judas, while GaGa plays the part of Mary Magdalene. Catholic League slammed her intention of premiering the video near Easter celebration.
"Judas" is the latest offering from GaGa's "Born This Way" album. It contains the lyrics: "In the most Biblical sense, I am beyond repentance / Fame hooker, prostitute wench, vomits her mind / But in the cultural sense I just speak in future tense/ Judas kiss me if offensed, or wear an ear condom next time."
More Lady GaGa News
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal