Lady GaGa to Sing 'Judas' on 'Ellen' and Premiere Video on 'Idol'
Lady GaGa is due to perform "Judas" on national television for the first time on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" on Thursday, April 28. She would then follow it up with an interview with Ellen DeGeneres, discussing her egg act at this year's Grammy and what fans can expect from her next.
At the same time, Interscope Records also announced via Twitter that the music video for "Judas" would premiere on "American Idol" on May 2. This has become an annual tradition for GaGa to appear on the singing show every May. Back in 2009, she performed "Poker Face" before live audience and returned to the stage for a performance of "Alejandro" the next year, all in the fifth month.
The "Judas" video was filmed on April 2 and 3 and was directed by GaGa in collaboration with her creative director, Laurieann Gibson. The artist called the filming and directing "the most exciting artistic moment of my career. It's the greatest work we've done." Norman Reedus plays Judas, while GaGa plays the part of Mary Magdalene. Catholic League slammed her intention of premiering the video near Easter celebration.
"Judas" is the latest offering from GaGa's "Born This Way" album. It contains the lyrics: "In the most Biblical sense, I am beyond repentance / Fame hooker, prostitute wench, vomits her mind / But in the cultural sense I just speak in future tense/ Judas kiss me if offensed, or wear an ear condom next time."
More Lady GaGa News
- Lucasfilm Isn't Happy With Alden Ehrenreich's 'Han Solo' Performance
- Israel Names a Beach After Britney Spears
- Taylor Swift Resurfaces With New Look in a Congratulatory Video for Russell Westbrook
- Pregnant Serena Williams Poses Nearly Nude for Vanity Fair
- Scott Disick Risks Liver Failure With His Binge Drinking Habit
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly