Opening Scene of Sofia Coppola's 'Secret Door' Revealed
The buzz around Sofia Coppola's new project "Secret Door" has escalated since it was announced earlier that Kirsten Dunst is to take one of the lead roles. In answer to fans' curiosity of her secret project, the director has released the opening scenes as written on the script.
Available for download, the opening scene reveals that the story is set in the year 1940 in Paris, France when German invasion of Western Europe was taking place. There's a character named Luna Claire who has green eyes, presumably the role for Dunst. It is understood that Luna works as a stage actress. And then, there's another young woman by the name of Calanthe and a gentleman by the name of Jolette.
The casting of Dunst was announced via Twitter account of American Zoetrope, the production company belonging to Francis Ford Coppola. "Happy to announce that Kirsten Dunst has agreed to be in Sofia Coppola's new film 'Secret Door'. Script is still being finished. Stay tuned!" the tweet said.
Dunst has worked with Coppola before in two movies, the 1999 "The Virgin Suicides" and 2006's "Marie Antoinette".
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers