'The Hobbit' Loses One Dwarf
"The Hobbit" has lost one of its dwarfs. Director Peter Jackson has confirmed through his Facebook page that actor Robert Kazinsky, who was supposed to portray Fili in the fantasy film, has left the role vacant to return home in U.K.
"I am sad to report that Rob Kazinsky, who was cast in the role of Fili, is having to leave The Hobbit and return home, for personal reasons," Jackson wrote on the post. "Rob has been terrific to work with and his enthusiasm and infectious sense of humor will be missed by all of us."
However, the director insisted that Kazinsky's departure will not affect the film production. "I should say that Rob's departure will not affect ongoing filming of The Hobbit, nor will it impact work done to date, as we had yet to film much of Fili's storyline," so he said. "At the moment we are shooting scenes featuring Bilbo without the Dwarves, which will give us time to find a new Fili."
Kazinsky has taken it to his Twitter account to express his gratitude to Jackson and the film's staff. He tweeted, "Thanks for all your support, Peter and team have been the most wonderful and supportive team to work for and it's with a truly sad heart that things have turned out this way."
"The Hobbit" centers its story on Bilbo Baggins who joins a company of thirteen dwarfs led by the legendary warrior, Thorin Oakensheild. Although their goal lies to the East and the wastelands of the Lonely Mountain, first they must escape the goblin tunnels, where Bilbo meets Gollum, the creature that will change his life forever.
In the new project, Ian McKellen, Elijah Wood, Orlando Bloom, and Andy Serkis will reprise their "Lord of the Rings" roles as Gandalf the Grey, Frodo Baggins, Legolas, and Gollum respectively. Martin Freeman will play young Bilbo Baggins, while Ian Holm will portray the elder version. The film is expected to make its way out in December 2012.
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent