'The Hobbit' Loses One Dwarf
"The Hobbit" has lost one of its dwarfs. Director Peter Jackson has confirmed through his Facebook page that actor Robert Kazinsky, who was supposed to portray Fili in the fantasy film, has left the role vacant to return home in U.K.
"I am sad to report that Rob Kazinsky, who was cast in the role of Fili, is having to leave The Hobbit and return home, for personal reasons," Jackson wrote on the post. "Rob has been terrific to work with and his enthusiasm and infectious sense of humor will be missed by all of us."
However, the director insisted that Kazinsky's departure will not affect the film production. "I should say that Rob's departure will not affect ongoing filming of The Hobbit, nor will it impact work done to date, as we had yet to film much of Fili's storyline," so he said. "At the moment we are shooting scenes featuring Bilbo without the Dwarves, which will give us time to find a new Fili."
Kazinsky has taken it to his Twitter account to express his gratitude to Jackson and the film's staff. He tweeted, "Thanks for all your support, Peter and team have been the most wonderful and supportive team to work for and it's with a truly sad heart that things have turned out this way."
"The Hobbit" centers its story on Bilbo Baggins who joins a company of thirteen dwarfs led by the legendary warrior, Thorin Oakensheild. Although their goal lies to the East and the wastelands of the Lonely Mountain, first they must escape the goblin tunnels, where Bilbo meets Gollum, the creature that will change his life forever.
In the new project, Ian McKellen, Elijah Wood, Orlando Bloom, and Andy Serkis will reprise their "Lord of the Rings" roles as Gandalf the Grey, Frodo Baggins, Legolas, and Gollum respectively. Martin Freeman will play young Bilbo Baggins, while Ian Holm will portray the elder version. The film is expected to make its way out in December 2012.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie