Artist of the Week: Hollywood Undead
Hollywood Undead are one of the rare bands who combine rap and rock. That's one way to get recognizable and another is to hide their identity behind masks. The band had broken through Billboard Hot 200 chart since their first album "Swan Songs" but their sophomore effort, "American Tragedy", did even better by landing at number 4 and selling 70,000 copies.
"I gotta be honest with everyone: I was really looking forward to the opportunity to be on top of Britney this week, but being right behind her and Adele is a memory we'll relish forever," member Charlie Scene said about the second album's achievement.
Musically, Hollywood Undead combine alternative rock, hip-hop and dance sound. They often confuse people of where to place them in the genre for their broad use of musical instruments. The second album came from the productions of Kevin Rudolf and S*A*M & Sluggo. But the band had toured with rock stars, like Avenged Sevenfold and Stone Sour, in the past.
They are now supporting the second album which they called "very Hollywood Undead" with in-store appearances and a headlining tour.
In tow with the new album, the band have changed the design of their respective masks. Johnny 3 Tears explained, "They're not the same, but we just tricked them out. Like mine has a light in it. We altered them enough so they look different but they're not so different. Just like the music, we wanted to keep it interesting. We don't want to get boring."
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri