British Viewers Call 'William and Kate' Awful and Other Adjectives
Lifetime's "William & Kate" is not getting some love from the British too. The TV movie which was rushed to meet the Royal Wedding event later this month, was panned by critics upon its Sunday, April 24 premiere on the U.K.'s Channel 5 and was attacked by viewers on Twitter.
Critics called it "toe-curlingly, teeth-furringly, pillow-bitingly ghastly". The viewers are not so kind either, writing such things as "Have just seen 1 second of Will and Kate the movie & can confirm it is the most excruciating & awful thing that mankind has ever created" and "Why am I watching William and Kate - The Movie? It's the funniest doggiest sh*ttiest thing ever."
The cast, the directing and editing were all blamed for the poor reviews but some still take what's left of the movie. One tweeter said, "Just watched William and Kate: The Movie. OMG. There are no words. So bad it's brilliant." Another wrote, "Kate and Will movie just awful but surprisingly watchable."
Nico Evers-Swindell, who plays Prince William, recently defended the movie against critics, telling THR, "I don't know [what] anyone could have expected in 30 days of development, from a network that's known for romance. It was always intended to be a fun ride, a light romance, a love story at the heart, and just a jolly good time."
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed
- Living Life to the Fullest! Brad Pitt Caught Cozying Up to Sienna Miller and Elle Macpherson
- Louis Tomlinson Was Feeling Left Out of One Direction: 'What Have I Really Done to Contribute Here?'
- Gwyneth Paltrow's Goop Accused by NASA of Scamming Customers With Healing Stickers
- Liev Schreiber Spotted With Another Woman Amid Dating Rumors With Gerard Butler's Ex Morgan Brown
- Future and Chris Brown Are Total Womanizers in Sexy 'Pie' Video