British Viewers Call 'William and Kate' Awful and Other Adjectives
Lifetime's "William & Kate" is not getting some love from the British too. The TV movie which was rushed to meet the Royal Wedding event later this month, was panned by critics upon its Sunday, April 24 premiere on the U.K.'s Channel 5 and was attacked by viewers on Twitter.
Critics called it "toe-curlingly, teeth-furringly, pillow-bitingly ghastly". The viewers are not so kind either, writing such things as "Have just seen 1 second of Will and Kate the movie & can confirm it is the most excruciating & awful thing that mankind has ever created" and "Why am I watching William and Kate - The Movie? It's the funniest doggiest sh*ttiest thing ever."
The cast, the directing and editing were all blamed for the poor reviews but some still take what's left of the movie. One tweeter said, "Just watched William and Kate: The Movie. OMG. There are no words. So bad it's brilliant." Another wrote, "Kate and Will movie just awful but surprisingly watchable."
Nico Evers-Swindell, who plays Prince William, recently defended the movie against critics, telling THR, "I don't know [what] anyone could have expected in 30 days of development, from a network that's known for romance. It was always intended to be a fun ride, a light romance, a love story at the heart, and just a jolly good time."
- DJ Khaled and Fiancee Nicole Tuck Welcome Baby Boy
- Benedict Cumberbatch and Solange Knowles Set to Make 'SNL' Debut
- Britney Spears Almost Flashes Her Breasts During On-Stage Wardrobe Malfunction
- 'Jessica Jones' Season 2 Will Be Directed Entirely by Women
- Taylor Swift Sings Calvin Harris' Song During Her Return to Stage at Formula 1 Concert
- Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry Go Door to Door for Hillary Clinton at College Dorms
- Watch: Lady GaGa Performs 'Joanne' Songs on 'SNL'
- Tom Hanks Plays 'Black Jeopardy' as Donald Trump's Supporter on 'SNL'