'Celebrity Apprentice' Recap: Unwanted by Her Team, La Toya Jackson Is Fired
La Toya Jackson has got the boot simply because her team mates did not like her. The women team gave an impression they could not move forward and win over the men if she was still involved after they lost in the April 24 episode.
The two teams were tasked to create a four-page ad for the Trump Hotel Collection and would be judged on creativity, originality, brand messaging and the overall pitch. Star Jones was the women team's project manager, while John Rich led the men.
ASAP took individual elegance and collective luxury as their concept, but the executives thought their brochure looked like a sleazy nightclub advertisement. Backbone, meanwhile, wanted to emphasize with their ad that if one chooses to stay at a Trump hotel, he/she would be treated exactly like Mr. Trump himself, but they had typos and did not indicate a website or phone number on the brochure.
Mr. Trump's advisors said there were no winners in this task. However, since the mens' pitch was better and the womens' ad was too scripted, they gave the loser title to ASAP. The men got $20,000 for John's charity of choice, the St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.
Back in the boardroom, Star took along La Toya and NeNe Leakes with her. LaToya blamed the team's loss on Star, but NeNe thought La Toya should be fired since she was the weakest link. Mr. Trump agreed that the women need the chance to move on with their strongest players, so he sent La Toya home.
Despite a moment of rising tension during the game, La Toya and NeNe hugged before the former left. NeNe further told Star that she should start listening to everyone and Star said she has learned her lesson. In her car, La Toya said that Star is manipulative and evil and stronger than people think. She thought Mr. Trump made a mistake by firing her.
More The Celebrity Apprentice News
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign