Kid Cudi Launches Record Label and Changes Band Name
Kid Cudi has started his own record label, and announced it at his concert which took place at the Roseland Ballroom in New York City on Thursday, April 21. The rapper, who formed the label with producer Dot Da Genius, named it Wicked Awesome Records.
In the same occasion, Cudi also informed his fans that he has changed his band's name from Wizard to 2 Be Continuum. Explaining the name change, he said he wanted something "original" and made the decision after finding many groups with the same name on iTunes.
"We've been working real hard on this project. I'm really f***in' excited for you to hear it," Cudi gushed to the crowd. Despite the name change, the "Day 'N' Night" hitmaker assured that "it's still wizardry at it's finest," and promised it will be "epic."
Back in October 2010, Kid Cudi announced that he was "just over" rapping and wanted to sing more. "We're starting to record on the tour bus," he stated. "We'll be doing college runs. ... I never thought I could play an instrument. I always downplayed that s***. ... It was like learning how to read sheet music. F*** that! That's like learning how to read again!"
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie