Kid Cudi Launches Record Label and Changes Band Name
Kid Cudi has started his own record label, and announced it at his concert which took place at the Roseland Ballroom in New York City on Thursday, April 21. The rapper, who formed the label with producer Dot Da Genius, named it Wicked Awesome Records.
In the same occasion, Cudi also informed his fans that he has changed his band's name from Wizard to 2 Be Continuum. Explaining the name change, he said he wanted something "original" and made the decision after finding many groups with the same name on iTunes.
"We've been working real hard on this project. I'm really f***in' excited for you to hear it," Cudi gushed to the crowd. Despite the name change, the "Day 'N' Night" hitmaker assured that "it's still wizardry at it's finest," and promised it will be "epic."
Back in October 2010, Kid Cudi announced that he was "just over" rapping and wanted to sing more. "We're starting to record on the tour bus," he stated. "We'll be doing college runs. ... I never thought I could play an instrument. I always downplayed that s***. ... It was like learning how to read sheet music. F*** that! That's like learning how to read again!"
More Kid Cudi News
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special