Kid Cudi Launches Record Label and Changes Band Name
Kid Cudi has started his own record label, and announced it at his concert which took place at the Roseland Ballroom in New York City on Thursday, April 21. The rapper, who formed the label with producer Dot Da Genius, named it Wicked Awesome Records.
In the same occasion, Cudi also informed his fans that he has changed his band's name from Wizard to 2 Be Continuum. Explaining the name change, he said he wanted something "original" and made the decision after finding many groups with the same name on iTunes.
"We've been working real hard on this project. I'm really f***in' excited for you to hear it," Cudi gushed to the crowd. Despite the name change, the "Day 'N' Night" hitmaker assured that "it's still wizardry at it's finest," and promised it will be "epic."
Back in October 2010, Kid Cudi announced that he was "just over" rapping and wanted to sing more. "We're starting to record on the tour bus," he stated. "We'll be doing college runs. ... I never thought I could play an instrument. I always downplayed that s***. ... It was like learning how to read sheet music. F*** that! That's like learning how to read again!"
More Kid Cudi News
- Kevin Jonas Welcomes His Second Child With Wife Danielle
- Mariah Carey's Rep Reveals Lovers' Quarrel in Greece Leads to Her Split From James Packer
- 'Will and Grace' Revival in the Works
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO
- Miley Cyrus Talks Engagement Ring That She Puts Back on After Liam Hemsworth Reconciliation
- Raven-Symone to Leave 'The View' For 'That's So Raven' Spin-Off
- Kristen Stewart and St. Vincent Make Red Carpet Debut as Couple at Vogue Event