Kid Cudi Launches Record Label and Changes Band Name
Kid Cudi has started his own record label, and announced it at his concert which took place at the Roseland Ballroom in New York City on Thursday, April 21. The rapper, who formed the label with producer Dot Da Genius, named it Wicked Awesome Records.
In the same occasion, Cudi also informed his fans that he has changed his band's name from Wizard to 2 Be Continuum. Explaining the name change, he said he wanted something "original" and made the decision after finding many groups with the same name on iTunes.
"We've been working real hard on this project. I'm really f***in' excited for you to hear it," Cudi gushed to the crowd. Despite the name change, the "Day 'N' Night" hitmaker assured that "it's still wizardry at it's finest," and promised it will be "epic."
Back in October 2010, Kid Cudi announced that he was "just over" rapping and wanted to sing more. "We're starting to record on the tour bus," he stated. "We'll be doing college runs. ... I never thought I could play an instrument. I always downplayed that s***. ... It was like learning how to read sheet music. F*** that! That's like learning how to read again!"
- The Weeknd Shares Snippet of His Cashmere Cat Collaboration 'Wild Love'
- Britney Spears Biopic Coming on Lifetime. Find Out Who Plays the Pop Star
- Get New Details of Kristen Stewart and Alicia Cargile's Upcoming Nuptials
- Britney Spears on Performing at 2017 Super Bowl Halftime Show: 'I Would' Do That Again!
- Amanda Bynes Returns to Twitter, Updates Fans About Her School Life
- Courteney Cox Regrets Having Plastic Surgery
- 'Jack Ryan' Series to Tackle ISIS in Season 1, John Krasinski Reveals
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Break Up Again!