'Harry Potter' Stars Up for 'Great Expectations'
Ralph Fiennes and Helena Bonham Carter will allegedly team up once again in "Great Expectations". The two "Harry Potter" stars are up to take the roles of Abel Magwitch and Miss Havisham respectively in the film adaptation of Charles Dickens' novel.
According to U.K.'s Daily Mail, Carter has a bigger chance to make an appearance in the drama as her schedule is more likely to allow her shooting the film. In the meantime, Fiennes apparently needs more slot on his schedule as he has already been set to play Prospero in Trevor Nunn's version of "The Tempest" at the Theatre Royal Haymarket.
Fiennes is best known for his role as Lord Voldemort in "Harry Potter" film franchise. He also starred as Hades in "Clash of the Titans", and will reprise his role in the upcoming sequel. Meanwhile, Carter also stars in the "Harry Potter" film series, taking the role of the villainous Bellatrix Lestrange. She has recently received her BAFTA Award for Best Actress in a Supporting Role for her role in "The King's Speech".
Also rumored circling "Great Expectations" is Jeremy Irvine. Variety has previously reported that the British newcomer is in negotiations to take the main role of Pip in the new project. However, there is no official confirmation from the actor.
"Great Expectations" is a book-to-film project helmed by Mike Newell. The film has Rowan Joffe serve as the screenwriter, with Stephen Woolley and Elizabeth Karlsen serving as the producers. No release date has been issued for the movie yet.
- Linkin Park Nabs Sixth No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'One More Light'
- Silver Sable and Black Cat Movie Rumored to Have Spider-Woman
- Scott Disick Spotted Flirting With Sofia Richie on Yacht in Cannes
- Jaden Smith Accuses Canadian Hotel of Spiking His Food
- Alex Rodriguez Signs Deal With ABC News as Contributor
- Joaquin Phoenix and Diane Kruger Win Best Actor and Actress at Cannes 2017
- Miranda Kerr Marries Snapchat CEO Evan Spiegel in Backyard Ceremony
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie