'Harry Potter' Stars Up for 'Great Expectations'
Ralph Fiennes and Helena Bonham Carter will allegedly team up once again in "Great Expectations". The two "Harry Potter" stars are up to take the roles of Abel Magwitch and Miss Havisham respectively in the film adaptation of Charles Dickens' novel.
According to U.K.'s Daily Mail, Carter has a bigger chance to make an appearance in the drama as her schedule is more likely to allow her shooting the film. In the meantime, Fiennes apparently needs more slot on his schedule as he has already been set to play Prospero in Trevor Nunn's version of "The Tempest" at the Theatre Royal Haymarket.
Fiennes is best known for his role as Lord Voldemort in "Harry Potter" film franchise. He also starred as Hades in "Clash of the Titans", and will reprise his role in the upcoming sequel. Meanwhile, Carter also stars in the "Harry Potter" film series, taking the role of the villainous Bellatrix Lestrange. She has recently received her BAFTA Award for Best Actress in a Supporting Role for her role in "The King's Speech".
Also rumored circling "Great Expectations" is Jeremy Irvine. Variety has previously reported that the British newcomer is in negotiations to take the main role of Pip in the new project. However, there is no official confirmation from the actor.
"Great Expectations" is a book-to-film project helmed by Mike Newell. The film has Rowan Joffe serve as the screenwriter, with Stephen Woolley and Elizabeth Karlsen serving as the producers. No release date has been issued for the movie yet.
- Ireland Baldwin Celebrates Earth Day by Going Topless - See the Pic!
- Dan Stevens Is Open to Another 'Beauty and the Beast' Film
- Jealous Kim Kardashian Planning to Outshine Beyonce by Getting Pregnant Again
- Watch Lady GaGa's Emotional Tribute to Cancer-Stricken Friend During Coachella Performance
- Rob Kardashian's Not Ready to Give Up on His 'Unhealthy' Relationship With Blac Chyna
- New Photo of 'Once Upon a Time' Musical Episode Gives First Look at the Groom
- Mel B's Ex Stephen Belafonte Begs Her for Money
- Lucasfilm to Develop More 'Star Wars' Spin-Offs Soon