'The Hunger Games' Finds Katniss' Mom, Eyes John C. Reilly
"The Hunger Games" family is shaping up with the casting of Paula Malcomson. The actress who starred in "Caprica" and "Sons of Anarchy" has nabbed the role of Katniss and Prim's mother who, in the grief of her husband's death, was living in fear that her daughters are taking part in the deadly Hunger Games.
At the same time, it is reported that John C. Reilly is touted to play the role of Haymitch Abernathy. The character as described in the novel is an alcoholic who used to a mentor for the District 12 Tributes. The role is particularly significant because Haymitch is the one helping Katniss and Peeta in the hunger games.
So far the casting department has signed Liam Hemsworth, Amandla Stenberg, Dayo Okeniyi, Leven Rambin and Jack Quaid. Jennifer Lawrence is leading the cast as Katniss and Josh Hutcherson as Peeta. Elizabeth Banks is still in talks to play high-strung escort Effie.
The film will be in U.S. theaters March 23, 2012.
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says
- Joe Biden to Guest Star on 'Law and Order: SVU'. Get the First Look
- Listen to Pink and Kenny Chesney's New Song 'Setting the World on Fire'
- Lindsay Lohan Isn't Pregnant, Close Friend Hofit Golan Confirms
- Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher Already Planning for Third Baby
- Marvel Confirms 'Avengers: Infinity War' Is One Movie, 'Avengers 4' Is Now Untitled
- Listen to Jason Derulo's New Single 'Kiss the Sky' Off His 'Platinum Hits' Album