'The Hunger Games' Finds Katniss' Mom, Eyes John C. Reilly
"The Hunger Games" family is shaping up with the casting of Paula Malcomson. The actress who starred in "Caprica" and "Sons of Anarchy" has nabbed the role of Katniss and Prim's mother who, in the grief of her husband's death, was living in fear that her daughters are taking part in the deadly Hunger Games.
At the same time, it is reported that John C. Reilly is touted to play the role of Haymitch Abernathy. The character as described in the novel is an alcoholic who used to a mentor for the District 12 Tributes. The role is particularly significant because Haymitch is the one helping Katniss and Peeta in the hunger games.
So far the casting department has signed Liam Hemsworth, Amandla Stenberg, Dayo Okeniyi, Leven Rambin and Jack Quaid. Jennifer Lawrence is leading the cast as Katniss and Josh Hutcherson as Peeta. Elizabeth Banks is still in talks to play high-strung escort Effie.
The film will be in U.S. theaters March 23, 2012.
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby