'The Hunger Games' Finds Katniss' Mom, Eyes John C. Reilly
"The Hunger Games" family is shaping up with the casting of Paula Malcomson. The actress who starred in "Caprica" and "Sons of Anarchy" has nabbed the role of Katniss and Prim's mother who, in the grief of her husband's death, was living in fear that her daughters are taking part in the deadly Hunger Games.
At the same time, it is reported that John C. Reilly is touted to play the role of Haymitch Abernathy. The character as described in the novel is an alcoholic who used to a mentor for the District 12 Tributes. The role is particularly significant because Haymitch is the one helping Katniss and Peeta in the hunger games.
So far the casting department has signed Liam Hemsworth, Amandla Stenberg, Dayo Okeniyi, Leven Rambin and Jack Quaid. Jennifer Lawrence is leading the cast as Katniss and Josh Hutcherson as Peeta. Elizabeth Banks is still in talks to play high-strung escort Effie.
The film will be in U.S. theaters March 23, 2012.
- Tarek and Christina El Moussa 'Desperately Trying' to Stay in the Limelight by Eying Solo Shows
- Kylie Jenner Goes Makeup Free During a Day Out With Tyga
- Listen to Lana Del Rey's Long-Awaited Dreamy Song 'Love'
- Liam Payne Is Doing Home Renovation Before Cheryl Gives Birth
- Britney Spears Bares Her Naked Body in NSFW Instagram Pic
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.11 Sneak Peeks: What Happens to Dwight After Daryl's Escape?
- Madonna's New Twins Singing 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star' Are Just Too Cute
- Report: Louis Tomlinson Rekindles Romance With Eleanor Calder Two Years After Split