'The Hunger Games' Finds Katniss' Mom, Eyes John C. Reilly
"The Hunger Games" family is shaping up with the casting of Paula Malcomson. The actress who starred in "Caprica" and "Sons of Anarchy" has nabbed the role of Katniss and Prim's mother who, in the grief of her husband's death, was living in fear that her daughters are taking part in the deadly Hunger Games.
At the same time, it is reported that John C. Reilly is touted to play the role of Haymitch Abernathy. The character as described in the novel is an alcoholic who used to a mentor for the District 12 Tributes. The role is particularly significant because Haymitch is the one helping Katniss and Peeta in the hunger games.
So far the casting department has signed Liam Hemsworth, Amandla Stenberg, Dayo Okeniyi, Leven Rambin and Jack Quaid. Jennifer Lawrence is leading the cast as Katniss and Josh Hutcherson as Peeta. Elizabeth Banks is still in talks to play high-strung escort Effie.
The film will be in U.S. theaters March 23, 2012.
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie