'The Hunger Games' Finds Katniss' Mom, Eyes John C. Reilly
"The Hunger Games" family is shaping up with the casting of Paula Malcomson. The actress who starred in "Caprica" and "Sons of Anarchy" has nabbed the role of Katniss and Prim's mother who, in the grief of her husband's death, was living in fear that her daughters are taking part in the deadly Hunger Games.
At the same time, it is reported that John C. Reilly is touted to play the role of Haymitch Abernathy. The character as described in the novel is an alcoholic who used to a mentor for the District 12 Tributes. The role is particularly significant because Haymitch is the one helping Katniss and Peeta in the hunger games.
So far the casting department has signed Liam Hemsworth, Amandla Stenberg, Dayo Okeniyi, Leven Rambin and Jack Quaid. Jennifer Lawrence is leading the cast as Katniss and Josh Hutcherson as Peeta. Elizabeth Banks is still in talks to play high-strung escort Effie.
The film will be in U.S. theaters March 23, 2012.
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3