Tyler Perry's 'Why Did I Get Married?' Turned Into TV Series
Tyler Perry is making a new TV show which is based on one of his movies "Why Did I Get Married?". Appearing on "Conan" to promote his new movie "Madea's Big Happy Family", the actor/filmmaker announced the project will be called "For Better or Worse".
The 41-year-old said the new TV show is based on the couples from the 2007 drama comedy. It is currently shooting but no further details from the project are available yet.
"Why Did I Get Married?" features Perry, Janet Jackson, Jill Scott, Sharon Leal and many more as married college friends who question the validity of their own marriage. It has spawned to a sequel titled "Why Did I Get Married Too?" which was released in 2010 and boasted the same cast ensemble.
Perry has previously developed hit sitcoms "Tyler Perry's House of Payne" and "Meet the Browns".
- Ron Howard Officially Announced to Direct Han Solo Movie
- 'Bachelor' Alum Leah Block Apologizes for Racist 'Bachelorette' Tweet
- 'Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later' Gets Star-Studded First Trailer
- 'Jurassic World' Sequel Reveals Official Title and First Poster
- Harry Styles Mourning the Loss of His Stepfather
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna