Tyler Perry's 'Why Did I Get Married?' Turned Into TV Series
Tyler Perry is making a new TV show which is based on one of his movies "Why Did I Get Married?". Appearing on "Conan" to promote his new movie "Madea's Big Happy Family", the actor/filmmaker announced the project will be called "For Better or Worse".
The 41-year-old said the new TV show is based on the couples from the 2007 drama comedy. It is currently shooting but no further details from the project are available yet.
"Why Did I Get Married?" features Perry, Janet Jackson, Jill Scott, Sharon Leal and many more as married college friends who question the validity of their own marriage. It has spawned to a sequel titled "Why Did I Get Married Too?" which was released in 2010 and boasted the same cast ensemble.
Perry has previously developed hit sitcoms "Tyler Perry's House of Payne" and "Meet the Browns".
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'