Tyler Perry's 'Why Did I Get Married?' Turned Into TV Series
Tyler Perry is making a new TV show which is based on one of his movies "Why Did I Get Married?". Appearing on "Conan" to promote his new movie "Madea's Big Happy Family", the actor/filmmaker announced the project will be called "For Better or Worse".
The 41-year-old said the new TV show is based on the couples from the 2007 drama comedy. It is currently shooting but no further details from the project are available yet.
"Why Did I Get Married?" features Perry, Janet Jackson, Jill Scott, Sharon Leal and many more as married college friends who question the validity of their own marriage. It has spawned to a sequel titled "Why Did I Get Married Too?" which was released in 2010 and boasted the same cast ensemble.
Perry has previously developed hit sitcoms "Tyler Perry's House of Payne" and "Meet the Browns".
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says