Tyler Perry's 'Why Did I Get Married?' Turned Into TV Series
Tyler Perry is making a new TV show which is based on one of his movies "Why Did I Get Married?". Appearing on "Conan" to promote his new movie "Madea's Big Happy Family", the actor/filmmaker announced the project will be called "For Better or Worse".
The 41-year-old said the new TV show is based on the couples from the 2007 drama comedy. It is currently shooting but no further details from the project are available yet.
"Why Did I Get Married?" features Perry, Janet Jackson, Jill Scott, Sharon Leal and many more as married college friends who question the validity of their own marriage. It has spawned to a sequel titled "Why Did I Get Married Too?" which was released in 2010 and boasted the same cast ensemble.
Perry has previously developed hit sitcoms "Tyler Perry's House of Payne" and "Meet the Browns".
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri