Blake Lively and Emile Hirsch Sign On for 'Savages'
Oliver Stone has reportedly added a cast member to his film "Savages". Variety reports that Emile Hirsch has signed on for an unspecified character in the big screen version of Don Winslow's bestselling novel.
Just a few moments before the Hirsch rumor came to the surface, Deadline has reported that Blake Lively, Uma Thurman, and John Travolta were also tapped to star in the movie. Lively will star as O, with Thurman playing O's mother Paqu. Meanwhile, Travolta will take the role of Dennis, a burned out DEA agent.
Hirsch starred in 2008's "Milk" and "Speed Racer". Through his role in "Speed Racer", he was nominated for Choice Movie Actor: Action Adventure at 2008 Teen Choice Awards. In the meantime, Lively played in "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants" and its sequel. She will next be seen in "Green Lantern".
Thurman has recently appeared as Medusa in "Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief". She will appear in "Bel Ami", starring opposite Robert Pattinson. Travolta recently starred in "From Paris with Love", and will play John Gotti in "Gotti: Three Generations".
"Savages" centers its story on two friends from Laguna Beach who share the same girlfriend and a thriving business growing and distributing the best-quality pot on the planet. The trouble comes when a Mexican drug cartel kidnaps the girl and wants the ransom of every cent they've made for the last five years. They agree to pay but hatch an alternate plan to get her back, get revenge, and then get lost.
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special