Josh Brolin Joins Sean Penn and Ryan Gosling in 'Gangster Squad' Talks
Late last month, it was reported that Sean Penn and Ryan Gosling were extended offers by Warner Bros to star in "Tales from the Gangster Squad". The story is strengthened today with the announcement that these two have had negotiations with the studio and may star opposite Josh Brolin who is newly-added to the equation.
The potentially star-studded movie is based on a series of Los Angeles Times articles which put the scope on the life of mobster Mickey Cohen, the role which could be Penn's. Gosling and Brolin, according to Deadline, are in talks to play two cops assigned to bring him down when the gangster's penchant for violence leaves the blood of innocents on the street.
Sources told Variety that Penn had gone back and forth about the role and at one point passed it for the favor of Kurt Johnstad-scripted drama "The Last Photograph". If this negotiation goes through, then production will start as scheduled in fall with "Zombieland" helmer Ruben Fleischer taking the director's seat.
- Suzy Hints That She's Missing Boyfriend Lee Min Ho in New Instagram Pic
- Big Bang's G-Dragon Sports Cornrows and Heavy Makeup in New Instagram Pics
- Pregnant Nikki Reed Bares Cleavage in Sexy Maternity Clothes
- Cristiano Ronaldo's Mother Laughs Off Georgina Rodriguez Pregnancy Rumor: 'It's Nonsense'
- Lamar Odom Is Refused Entry at Los Angeles Strip Club
- Kim Kardashian Is Begging Khloe to Be Her Surrogate for Baby No. 3
- So Cruel! Travis Scott Compares Kylie's Bedroom Skills to Sister Kendall Jenner's
- Selena Gomez Denies Collaboration With The Weeknd on New Music: 'It's Not True'