Josh Brolin Joins Sean Penn and Ryan Gosling in 'Gangster Squad' Talks
Late last month, it was reported that Sean Penn and Ryan Gosling were extended offers by Warner Bros to star in "Tales from the Gangster Squad". The story is strengthened today with the announcement that these two have had negotiations with the studio and may star opposite Josh Brolin who is newly-added to the equation.
The potentially star-studded movie is based on a series of Los Angeles Times articles which put the scope on the life of mobster Mickey Cohen, the role which could be Penn's. Gosling and Brolin, according to Deadline, are in talks to play two cops assigned to bring him down when the gangster's penchant for violence leaves the blood of innocents on the street.
Sources told Variety that Penn had gone back and forth about the role and at one point passed it for the favor of Kurt Johnstad-scripted drama "The Last Photograph". If this negotiation goes through, then production will start as scheduled in fall with "Zombieland" helmer Ruben Fleischer taking the director's seat.
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!