Josh Brolin Joins Sean Penn and Ryan Gosling in 'Gangster Squad' Talks
Late last month, it was reported that Sean Penn and Ryan Gosling were extended offers by Warner Bros to star in "Tales from the Gangster Squad". The story is strengthened today with the announcement that these two have had negotiations with the studio and may star opposite Josh Brolin who is newly-added to the equation.
The potentially star-studded movie is based on a series of Los Angeles Times articles which put the scope on the life of mobster Mickey Cohen, the role which could be Penn's. Gosling and Brolin, according to Deadline, are in talks to play two cops assigned to bring him down when the gangster's penchant for violence leaves the blood of innocents on the street.
Sources told Variety that Penn had gone back and forth about the role and at one point passed it for the favor of Kurt Johnstad-scripted drama "The Last Photograph". If this negotiation goes through, then production will start as scheduled in fall with "Zombieland" helmer Ruben Fleischer taking the director's seat.
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!