Josh Brolin Joins Sean Penn and Ryan Gosling in 'Gangster Squad' Talks
Late last month, it was reported that Sean Penn and Ryan Gosling were extended offers by Warner Bros to star in "Tales from the Gangster Squad". The story is strengthened today with the announcement that these two have had negotiations with the studio and may star opposite Josh Brolin who is newly-added to the equation.
The potentially star-studded movie is based on a series of Los Angeles Times articles which put the scope on the life of mobster Mickey Cohen, the role which could be Penn's. Gosling and Brolin, according to Deadline, are in talks to play two cops assigned to bring him down when the gangster's penchant for violence leaves the blood of innocents on the street.
Sources told Variety that Penn had gone back and forth about the role and at one point passed it for the favor of Kurt Johnstad-scripted drama "The Last Photograph". If this negotiation goes through, then production will start as scheduled in fall with "Zombieland" helmer Ruben Fleischer taking the director's seat.
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch