Josh Brolin Joins Sean Penn and Ryan Gosling in 'Gangster Squad' Talks
Late last month, it was reported that Sean Penn and Ryan Gosling were extended offers by Warner Bros to star in "Tales from the Gangster Squad". The story is strengthened today with the announcement that these two have had negotiations with the studio and may star opposite Josh Brolin who is newly-added to the equation.
The potentially star-studded movie is based on a series of Los Angeles Times articles which put the scope on the life of mobster Mickey Cohen, the role which could be Penn's. Gosling and Brolin, according to Deadline, are in talks to play two cops assigned to bring him down when the gangster's penchant for violence leaves the blood of innocents on the street.
Sources told Variety that Penn had gone back and forth about the role and at one point passed it for the favor of Kurt Johnstad-scripted drama "The Last Photograph". If this negotiation goes through, then production will start as scheduled in fall with "Zombieland" helmer Ruben Fleischer taking the director's seat.
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'