'American Idol' Eliminates Stefano Langone
"American Idol" is wilted down from 7 to 6 and the unlucky one was Stefano Langone. His elimination means another week for Jacob Lusk who surprisingly landed at the bottom two despite his moving performance of "Dance with My Father" on Wednesday.
It was Stefano's fourth time in the bottom three position. But it has become more and more apparent this season that a good performance does not mean a safe place in the competition. His last night's rendition of Ne-Yo's "Closer" amused the judges with Jennifer Lopez praising, "I thought it was very, very good."
Stefano, whose near-fatal accident story introduced him to the audience for the first time, was not one of the five guys picked in the semi-final round to advance to the Top 13. But he went through by the judges' wild card.
The elimination show was highlighted by performances from David Cook and Kanye West. Lauren, Haley, Stefano and Jacob also teamed up on Train's "Hey, Soul Sister", while James, Casey and Scotty did "Viva La Vida" by Coldplay.
More American Idol News
- 'The Leftovers' Series Finale Preview: The End Is Here
- Green Power Ranger Depicter Jason David Frank Addresses Assassination Attempt
- Artist of the Week: Halsey
- Kourtney Kardashian Bans Scott Disick From Seeing Their Children Until He Sobers Up
- Prince William and Kate Middleton's Housekeeper Quits as Job Is 'Too Demanding'
- 'The Walking Dead' EP Shares Alleged Season 8 Behind-the-Scenes Video
- Teyana Taylor Previews R-Rated Clip for New Single 'Drippin' Ft. Migos
- Colton Haynes and Fiance Jeff Leatham Get Engaged Again. See Their Matching Rings