'American Idol' Eliminates Stefano Langone
"American Idol" is wilted down from 7 to 6 and the unlucky one was Stefano Langone. His elimination means another week for Jacob Lusk who surprisingly landed at the bottom two despite his moving performance of "Dance with My Father" on Wednesday.
It was Stefano's fourth time in the bottom three position. But it has become more and more apparent this season that a good performance does not mean a safe place in the competition. His last night's rendition of Ne-Yo's "Closer" amused the judges with Jennifer Lopez praising, "I thought it was very, very good."
Stefano, whose near-fatal accident story introduced him to the audience for the first time, was not one of the five guys picked in the semi-final round to advance to the Top 13. But he went through by the judges' wild card.
The elimination show was highlighted by performances from David Cook and Kanye West. Lauren, Haley, Stefano and Jacob also teamed up on Train's "Hey, Soul Sister", while James, Casey and Scotty did "Viva La Vida" by Coldplay.
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs