'American Idol' Eliminates Stefano Langone
"American Idol" is wilted down from 7 to 6 and the unlucky one was Stefano Langone. His elimination means another week for Jacob Lusk who surprisingly landed at the bottom two despite his moving performance of "Dance with My Father" on Wednesday.
It was Stefano's fourth time in the bottom three position. But it has become more and more apparent this season that a good performance does not mean a safe place in the competition. His last night's rendition of Ne-Yo's "Closer" amused the judges with Jennifer Lopez praising, "I thought it was very, very good."
Stefano, whose near-fatal accident story introduced him to the audience for the first time, was not one of the five guys picked in the semi-final round to advance to the Top 13. But he went through by the judges' wild card.
The elimination show was highlighted by performances from David Cook and Kanye West. Lauren, Haley, Stefano and Jacob also teamed up on Train's "Hey, Soul Sister", while James, Casey and Scotty did "Viva La Vida" by Coldplay.
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke
- 'Suicide Squad' Star Ike Barinholtz Welcomes Second Baby With Wife
- T.J. Miller Parties Hard in First 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- Watch Stephen Colbert Crash and Get Kicked Off DNC Stage During 'Hunger Games' Spoof
- Kendall Jenner on Freeing Her Nipples: 'I Don't See What the Big Deal Is'
- Mila Kunis Flaunts Baby Bump at 'Bad Moms' L.A. Premiere
- Aaron Rodgers Finally Addresses Brother Jordan's 'Bachelorette' Gig and Family Estrangement
- Lupita Nyong'o Reveals 'Black Panther' Plot Details