'American Idol' Eliminates Stefano Langone
"American Idol" is wilted down from 7 to 6 and the unlucky one was Stefano Langone. His elimination means another week for Jacob Lusk who surprisingly landed at the bottom two despite his moving performance of "Dance with My Father" on Wednesday.
It was Stefano's fourth time in the bottom three position. But it has become more and more apparent this season that a good performance does not mean a safe place in the competition. His last night's rendition of Ne-Yo's "Closer" amused the judges with Jennifer Lopez praising, "I thought it was very, very good."
Stefano, whose near-fatal accident story introduced him to the audience for the first time, was not one of the five guys picked in the semi-final round to advance to the Top 13. But he went through by the judges' wild card.
The elimination show was highlighted by performances from David Cook and Kanye West. Lauren, Haley, Stefano and Jacob also teamed up on Train's "Hey, Soul Sister", while James, Casey and Scotty did "Viva La Vida" by Coldplay.
- Kid Cudi Reacts to Drake's Diss Track: 'Say It to My Face, P*ssy'
- First Look at New Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant' Leaks
- Alec Baldwin Accused of Tax Evasion
- John Mayer Names His New Album 'The Search for Everything'
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch