'American Idol' Eliminates Stefano Langone
"American Idol" is wilted down from 7 to 6 and the unlucky one was Stefano Langone. His elimination means another week for Jacob Lusk who surprisingly landed at the bottom two despite his moving performance of "Dance with My Father" on Wednesday.
It was Stefano's fourth time in the bottom three position. But it has become more and more apparent this season that a good performance does not mean a safe place in the competition. His last night's rendition of Ne-Yo's "Closer" amused the judges with Jennifer Lopez praising, "I thought it was very, very good."
Stefano, whose near-fatal accident story introduced him to the audience for the first time, was not one of the five guys picked in the semi-final round to advance to the Top 13. But he went through by the judges' wild card.
The elimination show was highlighted by performances from David Cook and Kanye West. Lauren, Haley, Stefano and Jacob also teamed up on Train's "Hey, Soul Sister", while James, Casey and Scotty did "Viva La Vida" by Coldplay.
More American Idol News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival