Serena Williams Wears Bodysuit to Keep Stomach Warm
Serena Williams generated buzz when she tweeted a photo of her playing tennis in a hot pink bodysuit. Some said it was a wild look for her first day back on the courts, others commented that it was just her fashionista side, but the former World No. 1 tennis player herself pointed out a more serious reason on why she has to wear the long suit during practice.
Met at the Range Rover Evoque Event in New York City on Tuesday night, April 19, the 29-year-old first told People magazine, "Honestly, I just Tweeted a picture in the suit and I didn't realize it would go that crazy." She then explained, "After my hematoma, I have to wear something like a long bodysuit to keep my stomach warm. My practices are really ... interesting right now."
Serena underwent emergency treatment at Los Angeles' Cedars-Sinai Medical Center on February 28 after a hemorrhage caused a pooling of blood in her stomach. The health scare occurred a week after she was treated for a blood clot in her lungs.
When asked for how long she will be wearing the suit, the younger sister of Venus Williams jokingly answered, "As long as you guys want to see it." Her illness, however, hindered her from wearing high heels. "I have to wear flats," she noted the downside. "Hopefully, in the summer I can wear heels. I am a girl that loves heels. I can't wait."
During the interview, the tennis star admitted she looks forward to make a comeback, but doesn't want it to be overshadowed by her fashion. "I think I'm going to come back casual. I don't want to shock too many people too much. I want it to be all about my tennis," so she explained.
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor
- Iggy Azalea's Brand New Single 'Mo Bounce' Released in Full
- Possible Leaked Concept Art of 'Deadpool 2' Features Brad Pitt as Cable
- Migos Channels Inner Rock Stars in 'What the Price' Music Video
- Adele Pays Emotional Tribute to London Terror Victims During Her Concert in New Zealand
- 'The Bachelorette' Six New Suitors Strip Down During Group Date on 'Ellen Show'