Foo Fighters Score First No. 1 Album on Hot 200 With 'Wasting Light'
Foo Fighters have finally earned their first No. 1 album as their seventh studio album "Wasting Light" soars to the first position on Billboard Hot 200 this week like many have predicted. It took Dave Grohl and friends almost a decade and a half to claim their chart topper.
Led by No. 1 Billboard Rock single "Rope", the album has sold around 235,000 copies in its first week on sale, according to Nielsen SoundScan. Despite giving this band their first No. 1 album, the sale number is not their best. It's the band's second-largest sales week, being overshadowed by their debut "In Your Honor" which bowed 311,000 in 2005.
The other new entries are Alison Krauss and Union Station who land at No. 3 with their "Paper Airplane", Paul Simon who follows right behind them with "So Beautiful or So What", and Latin band Mana who arrive at No. 5 with their "Drama Y Luz". A little over the top 10, there is British pop sensation Jessie J who debuts at No. 11 with "Who You Are".
Back to the current top 10 list, Adele gives up the top spot to sit at the runner-place place with her sophomose set "21". Britney Spears' "Femme Fatale" also takes a tumble, falling from No. 2 to No. 6. "Songs for Japan" compilation, meanwhile, remains at No. 7.
Next, there is Wiz Khalifa's "Rolling Papers" which occupies the eight position after rounding up the top 5 last week. Chris Brown trails behind the rapper with his "F.A.M.E." at No. 9, and Mumford & Sons takes the tenth spot with "Sigh No More".
- "Wasting Light" - Foo Fighters (235,000)
- "21" - Adele (93,000)
- "Paper Airplane" - Alison Krauss and Union Station (83,000)
- "So Beautiful or So What" - Paul Simon (68,000)
- "Drama Y Luz" - Mana (47,000)
- "Femme Fatale" - Britney Spears (43,000)
- "Songs for Japan" - various artists (37,000)
- "Rolling Papers" - Wiz Khalifa (37,000)
- "F.A.M.E." - Chris Brown (35,000)
- "Sigh No More" - Mumford & Sons (35,000)
- 'Saturday Night Live' Taps Kristen Stewart as the Next Host
- Armie Hammer Responds to 'Green Lantern Corps' Rumor
- Big Sean Performs 'Bounce Back', Premieres 'Sunday Morning Jetpack' on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Louis Tomlinson Reunites With Briana Jungwirth to Celebrate Their Son's 1st Birthday
- Luke Bryan to Sing National Anthem at Super Bowl
- 'Veronica Mars' Boss Hints at Potential Revival
- Artist of the Week: Kehlani
- Ivanka Trump's Brother-In-Law Joshua Kushner Joined Women's March on Washington