Kate Beckinsale Is Top Choice of Lori in 'Total Recall'
Colin Farrell could star opposite Kate Beckinsale in "Total Recall" remake. Report emerges on Wednesday, April 20 that the actress has been offered to slip in the role of Lori who was originally portrayed by Sharon Stone in the 1990 movie.
Beckinsale's name is the latest in the list of actresses vying for the lead female roles. Beside Lori, there's also Melina waiting to have an actress to bring her to life. Eva Mendes, Jessica Biel, Rosario Dawson and Eva Green may be one of them but Beckinsale, according to Deadline, is Len Wiseman's top choice for Lori.
Although she wasn't among the those most often mentioned as actresses who read for Lori, Beckinsale happens to be married to the director and has worked with him before in the "Underworld" films. She is now in fact in the middle of filming "Underworld 4: New Dawn" which screenplay is co-written by Wiseman.
The remake's plot of the upcoming movie is reportedly different from the original version. While in the original film Quaid is haunted by a recurring dream of journeying to Mars, in the new version, he is not sure whether he belongs to Euromerica and New Shanghai. The film is set to be unleashed in the United States on August 3, 2012.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival