Kate Beckinsale Is Top Choice of Lori in 'Total Recall'
Colin Farrell could star opposite Kate Beckinsale in "Total Recall" remake. Report emerges on Wednesday, April 20 that the actress has been offered to slip in the role of Lori who was originally portrayed by Sharon Stone in the 1990 movie.
Beckinsale's name is the latest in the list of actresses vying for the lead female roles. Beside Lori, there's also Melina waiting to have an actress to bring her to life. Eva Mendes, Jessica Biel, Rosario Dawson and Eva Green may be one of them but Beckinsale, according to Deadline, is Len Wiseman's top choice for Lori.
Although she wasn't among the those most often mentioned as actresses who read for Lori, Beckinsale happens to be married to the director and has worked with him before in the "Underworld" films. She is now in fact in the middle of filming "Underworld 4: New Dawn" which screenplay is co-written by Wiseman.
The remake's plot of the upcoming movie is reportedly different from the original version. While in the original film Quaid is haunted by a recurring dream of journeying to Mars, in the new version, he is not sure whether he belongs to Euromerica and New Shanghai. The film is set to be unleashed in the United States on August 3, 2012.
- At Least Four People Shot During T.I.'s Concert in NY
- 'The Americans' to End After Two More Seasons
- The Weeknd Cancels Performance on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' Because of Donald Trump
- Kanye West Plays Matchmaker for Exes Khloe Kardashian and French Montana
- 'The Wolverine 3' Villains May Have Just Been Revealed
- Jennifer Aniston Mourning Her Mother Nancy Dow's Death
- Britney Spears Enlists G-Eazy for Her New Single 'Make Me'
- Gavin Rossdale Reportedly Hates Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton's Relationship