Beyonce Knowles' 'Run the World' Single Cover and 'Revolution' Trailer
Beyonce Knowles has revealed details of her brand new single "Run the World (Girls)" which leaked earlier this week. The R&B singer is going to release the song as a lead single from her not-yet-titled album on iTunes on April 21 and premiere it on radio worldwide on the same day.
A girl empowerment single which samples Major Lazer's "Pon de Floor", "Run the World" is produced by Switch with additional production by Beyonce and Shea Taylor. The wife of Jay-Z also contributes to its songwriting along with Terius Nash aka The-Dream.
Its official cover art has also been unveiled, featuring Beyonce in a dress similar to the one she wore during the filming of its music video in Mojave desert, California. She's snapped standing tall in a yellow figure-hugging low-cut V dress. She finishes off her look with a pair of Sergio Rossi's "Talisman" knee-high gladiator boots which are decorated with studs and plumes.
The video is directed by award-winning director Francis Lawrence who previously worked with Lady GaGa, Britney Spears and Destiny's Child. Her longtime collaborator Frank Gatson reportedly serves as a choreographer. "It'll be big, it'll probably be one of the bigger Beyonce music videos ever done. and, I can say that I think the song is unbelievable," Francis told MTV.
Beyonce hasn't announced when she's going to debut the video nor has she shared release date of the new album where the single will appear. To tide fans over, she dropped a trailer called "Revolution" which seems to be taken from the "Run the World (Girls)" video shoot as well. She's briefly seen riding a horse in an all-white attire.
More Beyonce Knowles News
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO
- Miley Cyrus Talks Engagement Ring That She Puts Back on After Liam Hemsworth Reconciliation
- Raven-Symone to Leave 'The View' For 'That's So Raven' Spin-Off
- Bella Hadid Set to Make Her Victoria's Secret Debut, Gigi Hadid Confirmed to Return
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image