'The Great Gatsby': Isla Fisher In, Ben Affleck Out
Isla Fisher could be cast in Baz Luhrmann's 3D take of "The Great Gatsby" as one of the central characters. At the same time, it's reported that Ben Affleck who has been touted to portray Tom Buchanan may not be in the movie after all.
Fisher has entered a negotiation to play Myrtle Wilson aka Tom's mistress. In the novel, Myrtle is a woman married to a garage mechanic George Wilson but is weak to the charm of Tom. If the talks ends up fruitful, Fisher will join Leonardo DiCaprio who has been cast as the mysterious playboy Jay Gatsby, Tobey Maguire who plays narrator Nick Carraway and Carey Mulligan who slips in the role of Tom's wife, Daisy.
Luhrmann may now have to find another star to fill in the shoes of Affleck because the actor will be busy directing "Argo". A drama, "Argo" is scheduled to shoot around the same time "Gatsby" is filmed in Australia.
On related news, Luhrmann, who also wrote the script with Craig Pearce, will try to hire Australian actors in some roles in order to save production cost.
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce and Adele Lead Nominations, Nick Jonas Is 'Disappointed' About His Snub
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support