'The Great Gatsby': Isla Fisher In, Ben Affleck Out
Isla Fisher could be cast in Baz Luhrmann's 3D take of "The Great Gatsby" as one of the central characters. At the same time, it's reported that Ben Affleck who has been touted to portray Tom Buchanan may not be in the movie after all.
Fisher has entered a negotiation to play Myrtle Wilson aka Tom's mistress. In the novel, Myrtle is a woman married to a garage mechanic George Wilson but is weak to the charm of Tom. If the talks ends up fruitful, Fisher will join Leonardo DiCaprio who has been cast as the mysterious playboy Jay Gatsby, Tobey Maguire who plays narrator Nick Carraway and Carey Mulligan who slips in the role of Tom's wife, Daisy.
Luhrmann may now have to find another star to fill in the shoes of Affleck because the actor will be busy directing "Argo". A drama, "Argo" is scheduled to shoot around the same time "Gatsby" is filmed in Australia.
On related news, Luhrmann, who also wrote the script with Craig Pearce, will try to hire Australian actors in some roles in order to save production cost.
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen