'The Great Gatsby': Isla Fisher In, Ben Affleck Out
Isla Fisher could be cast in Baz Luhrmann's 3D take of "The Great Gatsby" as one of the central characters. At the same time, it's reported that Ben Affleck who has been touted to portray Tom Buchanan may not be in the movie after all.
Fisher has entered a negotiation to play Myrtle Wilson aka Tom's mistress. In the novel, Myrtle is a woman married to a garage mechanic George Wilson but is weak to the charm of Tom. If the talks ends up fruitful, Fisher will join Leonardo DiCaprio who has been cast as the mysterious playboy Jay Gatsby, Tobey Maguire who plays narrator Nick Carraway and Carey Mulligan who slips in the role of Tom's wife, Daisy.
Luhrmann may now have to find another star to fill in the shoes of Affleck because the actor will be busy directing "Argo". A drama, "Argo" is scheduled to shoot around the same time "Gatsby" is filmed in Australia.
On related news, Luhrmann, who also wrote the script with Craig Pearce, will try to hire Australian actors in some roles in order to save production cost.
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch's Full Performance With Pink Floyd's David Gilmour at London Concert
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reportedly 'Living Separate Lives' Before Split
- What Breakup? Rob Kardashian Snapchats Blac Chyna's Belly Amid Baby Shower Drama
- 'NCIS' Showrunner Gary Glasberg Dies in His Sleep, the Show 'Will Not Be the Same Without Him'
- Idris Elba Teams Up With Pickpocket to Take on Terrorists in New 'The Take' Trailer
- Arrow Meets Supergirl in New Teaser of Upcoming Crossover
- Benedict Cumberbatch Interviews Tom Hiddleston and Refuses to Ask Him About Taylor Swift
- Kim Kardashian's Prankster Attacked Her Because She's So Fake