'The Great Gatsby': Isla Fisher In, Ben Affleck Out
Isla Fisher could be cast in Baz Luhrmann's 3D take of "The Great Gatsby" as one of the central characters. At the same time, it's reported that Ben Affleck who has been touted to portray Tom Buchanan may not be in the movie after all.
Fisher has entered a negotiation to play Myrtle Wilson aka Tom's mistress. In the novel, Myrtle is a woman married to a garage mechanic George Wilson but is weak to the charm of Tom. If the talks ends up fruitful, Fisher will join Leonardo DiCaprio who has been cast as the mysterious playboy Jay Gatsby, Tobey Maguire who plays narrator Nick Carraway and Carey Mulligan who slips in the role of Tom's wife, Daisy.
Luhrmann may now have to find another star to fill in the shoes of Affleck because the actor will be busy directing "Argo". A drama, "Argo" is scheduled to shoot around the same time "Gatsby" is filmed in Australia.
On related news, Luhrmann, who also wrote the script with Craig Pearce, will try to hire Australian actors in some roles in order to save production cost.
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March