'The Great Gatsby': Isla Fisher In, Ben Affleck Out
Isla Fisher could be cast in Baz Luhrmann's 3D take of "The Great Gatsby" as one of the central characters. At the same time, it's reported that Ben Affleck who has been touted to portray Tom Buchanan may not be in the movie after all.
Fisher has entered a negotiation to play Myrtle Wilson aka Tom's mistress. In the novel, Myrtle is a woman married to a garage mechanic George Wilson but is weak to the charm of Tom. If the talks ends up fruitful, Fisher will join Leonardo DiCaprio who has been cast as the mysterious playboy Jay Gatsby, Tobey Maguire who plays narrator Nick Carraway and Carey Mulligan who slips in the role of Tom's wife, Daisy.
Luhrmann may now have to find another star to fill in the shoes of Affleck because the actor will be busy directing "Argo". A drama, "Argo" is scheduled to shoot around the same time "Gatsby" is filmed in Australia.
On related news, Luhrmann, who also wrote the script with Craig Pearce, will try to hire Australian actors in some roles in order to save production cost.
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture