'The Great Gatsby': Isla Fisher In, Ben Affleck Out
Isla Fisher could be cast in Baz Luhrmann's 3D take of "The Great Gatsby" as one of the central characters. At the same time, it's reported that Ben Affleck who has been touted to portray Tom Buchanan may not be in the movie after all.
Fisher has entered a negotiation to play Myrtle Wilson aka Tom's mistress. In the novel, Myrtle is a woman married to a garage mechanic George Wilson but is weak to the charm of Tom. If the talks ends up fruitful, Fisher will join Leonardo DiCaprio who has been cast as the mysterious playboy Jay Gatsby, Tobey Maguire who plays narrator Nick Carraway and Carey Mulligan who slips in the role of Tom's wife, Daisy.
Luhrmann may now have to find another star to fill in the shoes of Affleck because the actor will be busy directing "Argo". A drama, "Argo" is scheduled to shoot around the same time "Gatsby" is filmed in Australia.
On related news, Luhrmann, who also wrote the script with Craig Pearce, will try to hire Australian actors in some roles in order to save production cost.
- Sophia Bush Exits 'Chicago P.D.' After Four Seasons
- Niall Horan Promises One Direction Reunion, With Zayn Malik
- Bella Thorne Says Cannes 'Isn't for Me' as Scott Disick Ditches Her for Ex Chloe Bartoli
- 'Game of Thrones': New Photos Reunite the Four Starks, Final Season Episode Count Is Revealed
- Chris Cornell Appeared to Have Used Other Drugs Before Hanging Himself
- Nicki Minaj to Perform at the 2017 NBA Awards
- Is She Pregnant? Cristiano Ronaldo's GF Georgina Rodriguez Sports Suspicious Bump in New Pic
- Tyra Banks Accused of Abusing a Girl on 'America's Got Talent'