Halle Berry: Gabriel Aubry and I Need Court to Work Out Delicate Issues
Halle Berry is opening up about the custody battle between her and Gabriel Aubry over their daughter Nahla. Having said that the custody proceedings have gone well, the leading lady of "Frankie and Alice" told Extra that she and her ex-boyfriend needed legal intervention to settle on some of the delicate issues.
"When there's a child involved, it's a relief when you can resolve things in a good way," admitted the 44-year-old Oscar winner when speaking out for the first time about the custody battle. "Our issues were never about fighting for her. We both know a child needs both her parents."
"But what I want to say about it is sometimes, as a couple, you reach an impasse," she explained further. "We need a court and a judge to help us work out some of the delicate issues, and I'm so happy we've arrived at that place - because for her sake, this is the best way. We both love her more than life."
Halle's custody battle with Gabriel started when the latter filed a paternity petition asking to be officially recognized as the father of their three-year-old daughter in December 2010. In January, representative for the actress issued a statement regarding the matter, saying "Halle has serious concerns for her daughter's well-being while in the care of her father for any extended period of time."
Halle has recently pulled out of the Broadway production of "Mountaintop". In a previously-released statement, producers said the actress will "not be appearing in the role due to child-custody issues." However, People Magazine has been informed by an insider that her custody battle wasn't really behind her dropping out.
"She didn't pull out of the play because of custody issues. She had a conflict of work," so claimed the source, before explaining, "Halle was never going for full custody. That wasn't what it was about. Whatever the outcome, she wasn't trying for that. There were just other issues that they couldn't resolve and therefore the courts had to intervene."
More Halle Berry News
- 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Features Surprise Return of 'Iron Man' Character
- Jamie Foxx Says Dating at 49 Is 'Tough' Amid Katie Holmes Romance Rumors
- Fans Are Losing It Over Eminem's New Beard - See Their Hilarious Reactions
- Stephen Colbert Announces Plan to Run for President in 2020, Asks Russians' Help for His Campaign
- Tupac Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Creators Slapped With Copyright Infringement Lawsuit
- Caitlyn Jenner Fuels Dating Rumors With This Blonde Beauty
- Snoop Dogg Denies Mocking His 'Nephew' Young Thug in 'Moment I Feared' Video
- 'RuPaul's Drag Race' Season 9 Finale: Does Your Favorite Win?