Halle Berry: Gabriel Aubry and I Need Court to Work Out Delicate Issues
Halle Berry is opening up about the custody battle between her and Gabriel Aubry over their daughter Nahla. Having said that the custody proceedings have gone well, the leading lady of "Frankie and Alice" told Extra that she and her ex-boyfriend needed legal intervention to settle on some of the delicate issues.
"When there's a child involved, it's a relief when you can resolve things in a good way," admitted the 44-year-old Oscar winner when speaking out for the first time about the custody battle. "Our issues were never about fighting for her. We both know a child needs both her parents."
"But what I want to say about it is sometimes, as a couple, you reach an impasse," she explained further. "We need a court and a judge to help us work out some of the delicate issues, and I'm so happy we've arrived at that place - because for her sake, this is the best way. We both love her more than life."
Halle's custody battle with Gabriel started when the latter filed a paternity petition asking to be officially recognized as the father of their three-year-old daughter in December 2010. In January, representative for the actress issued a statement regarding the matter, saying "Halle has serious concerns for her daughter's well-being while in the care of her father for any extended period of time."
Halle has recently pulled out of the Broadway production of "Mountaintop". In a previously-released statement, producers said the actress will "not be appearing in the role due to child-custody issues." However, People Magazine has been informed by an insider that her custody battle wasn't really behind her dropping out.
"She didn't pull out of the play because of custody issues. She had a conflict of work," so claimed the source, before explaining, "Halle was never going for full custody. That wasn't what it was about. Whatever the outcome, she wasn't trying for that. There were just other issues that they couldn't resolve and therefore the courts had to intervene."
More Halle Berry News
- Rob Kardashian Reveals He Is Now Diabetes Free
- Britney Spears Recalls Being on 'Awkward' Dates, Says 'Being Famous Doesn't Make You Any Different'
- Taylor Swift Makes Donation to Hospital That Saved Her Godson
- Daniel Radcliffe Eyed for 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child' Movie Trilogy
- Mary J. Blige to Guest Star on 'How to Get Away with Murder'
- Ryan Reynolds Paid 'Deadpool' Screenwriters With His Own Money
- Rob Kardashian Finally Opens Up on Why He Ditched Kim Kardashian's Wedding
- Drake and Rihanna Nuzzling and Holding Hands in Miami