Marvel Plans 'Thor' and 'Captain America' Sequels Plus 'Hawkeye' Movie
Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige dropped several hints about the studio's future projects, including a sequel to "Thor" and details about the untitled Captain America sequel. In an interview with Disney's D23 magazine which was previewed by IGN, Feige said, "Thor will go off into a new adventure, and Captain America will continue to explore the modern world in another film of his own."
Feige also revealed that there should be singular movies for each of the superheroes in "The Avengers". While the mention of Black Widow and S.H.I.E.L.D has occurred in the past, this is the first time Hawkeye is included in the plan.
As for the other projects, Feige confirmed, "And, we've got a lot of other characters we're prepping and getting ready for film debuts: the world of martial arts, these great cosmic space fantasies, Dr. Strange, and the magic side of the Marvel Universe. There are many, many stories to be mined."
The full interview can be read when the magazine hits the stands on May 3. Three days later, "Thor" will be released in U.S. cinemas, followed by "Captain America: The First Avenger" on July 22.
More Thor News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story