Marvel Plans 'Thor' and 'Captain America' Sequels Plus 'Hawkeye' Movie
Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige dropped several hints about the studio's future projects, including a sequel to "Thor" and details about the untitled Captain America sequel. In an interview with Disney's D23 magazine which was previewed by IGN, Feige said, "Thor will go off into a new adventure, and Captain America will continue to explore the modern world in another film of his own."
Feige also revealed that there should be singular movies for each of the superheroes in "The Avengers". While the mention of Black Widow and S.H.I.E.L.D has occurred in the past, this is the first time Hawkeye is included in the plan.
As for the other projects, Feige confirmed, "And, we've got a lot of other characters we're prepping and getting ready for film debuts: the world of martial arts, these great cosmic space fantasies, Dr. Strange, and the magic side of the Marvel Universe. There are many, many stories to be mined."
The full interview can be read when the magazine hits the stands on May 3. Three days later, "Thor" will be released in U.S. cinemas, followed by "Captain America: The First Avenger" on July 22.
More Thor News
- Justin Bieber Exposes His Upper Thighs During Outing
- Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Name Newborn Baby Boy Dimitri
- John Cena and Casey Affleck Tapped to Host 'SNL'
- Anna Faris Admits She Felt 'Insecure' and 'So Hurt' Over Chris Pratt Cheating Rumors
- Amy Schumer to Play Lead Role in 'Barbie' Live-Action Movie
- Megyn Kelly Courted by CNN for 8 or 9 P.M. Time Slots
- Check Out First Look at Anne Hathaway on Set of 'Ocean's Eight'
- 'Full House' Creator Buys Original Tanner House in San Francisco for $4M