Death Threats Against Rebecca Black Investigated
Police are investigating the two death threats against Internet sensation Rebecca Black. Anaheim Police spokesman Rick Martinez explained as quoted by Reuters, "In essence the threats were related to getting the music off the Internet or they were going to kill her. We can't validate how serious they are, but we do take it seriously."
Rick detailed that the 13-year-old, whose debut single "Friday" became a YouTube hit, received the threats in March. The spokesperson, who assured that the officers are "keeping an extra eye out" for the aspiring singer, added that one of the nasty messages was made by phone through her manager, while the other emailed to her Los Angeles-based production company.
While the police haven't identified the person(s) responsible, Rick promised, "We're going to investigate and determine, number one, the source of the comments and then based on the investigation determine what intent was and where we go from here." He continued to point out, "If we believe they were actually intended as threats we will work toward prosecution."
Representative for Rebecca has confirmed that Anaheim Police are probing the two death threat cases. To E! Online, her rep stated, "We are working together with the Anaheim Police Department to ensure Rebecca's safety at all times."
Rebecca herself has previously spoken out her mind over the death threats. In an interview with E! News, the teen singer said, "It doesn't scare me. They're people that don't know me. They'd have to do a lot to get a hold of me and I have a really good support team and a lot of protection going on, so I think I'm good."
- 'Supergirl' Casts Superman Villain Metallo for Season 2
- Blac Chyna Poses Nearly Naked for Elle and Calls Her Ex Tyga 'Kinda Cheap'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Summer Finale Recap: Mary Drake's Child Revealed, Someone Dead
- Mel C Reveals Why She Turned Down Spice Girls Reunion
- Drake and Rihanna Are 'Fully Dating' as They're Done 'Hiding' Their Relationship
- Miranda Kerr Reveals Ex Orlando Bloom Warned Her About His Penis Photos
- 'Star Wars' Actor Ian McDiarmid Confirms He Won't Return as Emperor Palpatine in 'Rogue One'
- Jaden and Willow Smith Want to Retire in 10 Years