Josh Hopkins: Courteney Cox Dating Rumor Is Just Not True
Josh Hopkins doesn't have anything romantic going on with Courteney Cox. Less than a week after his "Cougar Town" co-star slammed speculation they were more than just friends, the 40-year-old actor broke his silence to strengthen her denial when stopping by Access Hollywood Live on Monday, April 18.
When presented with a photo of him and Courteney from their vacation in St. Barts, the actor who appeared as Dr. Noah Barnes on ABC's "Private Practice" responded, "I would admit if I saw that somewhere, I would be like, 'Those two must be dating. They're in St. Barts.' " He added, "I get it, I get that!"
Josh went on to offer clarification on how they ended up going to the island together. "The way it happened, we were all getting ready to finish hiatus, [and I said,] 'I wanted to go to the beach,' she said, 'You should come with me to St. Barts.' I was like, 'Maybe, you know, I don't know,' " he explained.
"And then the creator, Bill Lawrence, was like, 'If I'd go anywhere, I'd go to St. Barts,' " the TV hunk continued. "Courteney heard it, I said, 'This sounds great. Let's do it' Plus, I'll get her access, I probably couldn't get into a restaurant in St. Barts, but with her, I was everywhere."
Josh also pointed out that they didn't go there alone. "There was a lot of people with us, but [we're] the only ones you see, they just frame us two, so it's a story," he insisted. "It's not true." He further stressed, "It's not like a terrible story to have out there. It's not like I'm so upset about it. I mean, she's really hot, but it's just not true."
Josh and Courteney re-ignited rumors that they might be taking their romance off-screen when they were spotted enjoying some sand and surf at the beach on the tiny Caribbean island of St. Barts back in March. Still, their rep was quick to deny, "The relationship is strictly platonic and they are away with a group of friends on vacation."
Courteney herself has poured cold water to the rumor during a recent radio interview on Howard Stern's Sirius XM show. Asked about her alleged flings with Josh and Brian van Holt, she said, "They really don't want to get involved in this mess. These guys actually really like David, and I'm also Executive Producer of the show, it's kind of an awkward thing."
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart