Official: Simon Cowell Out of 'The X Factor' U.K.
It is now official that Simon Cowell is not going to sit as a weekly judge on the U.K. version of "The X Factor" when it returns for an eighth series later this year. The reason is none other than his commitment to the new U.S. version which is due to premiere in September, roughly a month after the U.K. version's.
Nonetheless, Cowell is still a part of the show in some capacity. "We have been in constant negotiations with Simon about ways in which we can move things forward and help 'The X Factor' evolve," Peter Fincham, ITV's Director of Television, said.
"We have been aware that his on-screen involvement in this series will not be as great as previous years for months now. It is something that we are completely comfortable with." He added, "We are talking to him about ways he can have an on-screen presence later in the show. He will not be a weekly judge, but he will be an enormous presence backstage as always."
At the same time, Fincham made use of the opportunity to deny the rumor that Cowell is at rift with ITV. "I constantly hear we are in crisis but in reality we have an amazingly constructive relationship with Simon and are very much reading from the same page," he clarified.
More The X Factor News
- Seth Rogen and Billy Eichner Join Live-Action 'Lion King'
- Report: Blake Shelon Is Hiding Shameful Family Secrets From Gwen Stefani
- Kim Kardashian Hits Back at Haters Over Her Unretouched Bikini Photos
- Are J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Readying New Show Together?
- La La Vazquez Parties at NYC Strip Club After Ditching Kim Kardashian's Mexican Getaway
- Paris Jackson Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skimpy Outfit
- La La Vazquez Is Too Heartbroken to Join Kim Kardashian's Vacation in Mexico
- Harry Styles Makes a Mysterious Response to His Han Solo Casting Rumors