'Stargate Universe' Movie Not Going to Happen
Bad news for fans of "Stargate Universe". At the Creation Entertainment's Official Stargate Convention held in Vancouver this week, "Stargate" scribe Brad Wright announced that the movie plan is effectively dead. "We just recently found out that the SGU movie is not going to happen," he delivered the news.
Wright said time factored in in the cancellation. "It took too long. We just couldn't get it together in time, and the window has closed," he explained. And for Wright himself, it was a disappointment. He said, "It's actually sad for me, because after 17 years, I'm cleaning out my desk tomorrow morning."
"Stargate Universe", which stars Robert Carlyle, was canceled by Syfy last year after two seasons. There were immediate talks about making it a big screen project. Furthermore "Stargate Atlantis" star David Hewlett believed the franchise is not dead because there is still a possibility for another movie or even a new series.
Wright confirmed, "It's a franchise. Stargate is not over. Somebody smart from MGM is going to figure it out, and something will happen."
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift
- Fans Petition 'Star Wars' to Include First Gay Character to Honor Orlando Victims
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch
- Paris Hilton Likes a Shady Meme to Remind Kanye West She Made Kim Kardashian Famous
- Dwayne Johnson Shares New Picture From 'Fast and Furious 8' Set
- Calvin Harris Also Moves On - The DJ Is Surrounded by Sexy Ladies on a Yacht
- Video: Prince Harry Joins Coldplay Onstage During Kensington Palace Concert