First Trailer of Emma Stone's 'The Help' Emerges
Emma Stone's "The Help" has debuted its first trailer. The two-and-a-half minute video sees Emma's Eugenia Phelan making friends with two African-American maids, Viola Davis' Aibileen Clark and Octavia Spencer's Minny Jackson. Problems arise as some other white girls disagree on the friendship.
Set in Mississippi during the 1960s, the drama film follows Eugenia Phelan, a.k.a. Skeeter, who returns from college determined to become a writer. As the time passes, unlikely friendships among the three women are forged and a new sisterhood emerges, but not before everyone in town has a thing or two to say themselves when they become unwittingly - and unwillingly - caught up in the changing times.
Beside the above-mentioned actresses, Jessica Chastain, Bryce Dallas Howard, and Allison Janney also support the upcoming movie. Meanwhile, Chris Lowell adds the masculine side to the PG-13-rated film. Directed and written by Tate Taylor, the movie will arrive in theaters nationwide on August 12.
- Another Dig at Zayn Malik? Listen to Little Mix's Catchy New Track 'You Gotta Not'
- Cuteness Overload! Chrissy Teigen Dresses Daughter Luna as Banana, Minnie Mouse and Others
- Daisy Ridley Responds to 'Sexist' Claims That Rey Is Mary Sue in 'The Force Awakens'
- Amber Heard Reportedly Dating a Musician After Johnny Depp Split. Who's Her New Man?
- NBC Announces Next Live Musical 'Bye Bye Birdie' Starring Jennifer Lopez
- Iggy Azalea's Former Fiance Nick Young Welcomes Baby No. 2 With His Other Ex
- Felicity Jones Leads the Rebel Alliance in New 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Pic
- Is Mariah Carey's 'Close Relationship' With a Male Dancer to Blame for James Packer Split?