First Trailer of Emma Stone's 'The Help' Emerges
Emma Stone's "The Help" has debuted its first trailer. The two-and-a-half minute video sees Emma's Eugenia Phelan making friends with two African-American maids, Viola Davis' Aibileen Clark and Octavia Spencer's Minny Jackson. Problems arise as some other white girls disagree on the friendship.
Set in Mississippi during the 1960s, the drama film follows Eugenia Phelan, a.k.a. Skeeter, who returns from college determined to become a writer. As the time passes, unlikely friendships among the three women are forged and a new sisterhood emerges, but not before everyone in town has a thing or two to say themselves when they become unwittingly - and unwillingly - caught up in the changing times.
Beside the above-mentioned actresses, Jessica Chastain, Bryce Dallas Howard, and Allison Janney also support the upcoming movie. Meanwhile, Chris Lowell adds the masculine side to the PG-13-rated film. Directed and written by Tate Taylor, the movie will arrive in theaters nationwide on August 12.
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones
- Mariah Carey Threw James Packer's Laptop Out the Window After He Played a Beyonce Song
- Ariana Grande Is Sued Over 'One Last Time', Previews New Music Video Ft. Nicki Minaj
- New Set Pics Hint at 'Transformers: The Last Knight' 's Connection With Arthurian Mythology
- Ariana Grande and Mac Miller Haven't Put a Label on Relationship Even After Caught Kissing
- Justin Timberlake, Gwen Stefani, Ariana Grande and More Featured in 'Trolls' Soundtrack Album
- Naya Rivera Reveals She Got Pregnant and Had an Abortion When She Was on 'Glee'
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: A Man Gets His Heart Broken and Leaves