First Trailer of Emma Stone's 'The Help' Emerges
Emma Stone's "The Help" has debuted its first trailer. The two-and-a-half minute video sees Emma's Eugenia Phelan making friends with two African-American maids, Viola Davis' Aibileen Clark and Octavia Spencer's Minny Jackson. Problems arise as some other white girls disagree on the friendship.
Set in Mississippi during the 1960s, the drama film follows Eugenia Phelan, a.k.a. Skeeter, who returns from college determined to become a writer. As the time passes, unlikely friendships among the three women are forged and a new sisterhood emerges, but not before everyone in town has a thing or two to say themselves when they become unwittingly - and unwillingly - caught up in the changing times.
Beside the above-mentioned actresses, Jessica Chastain, Bryce Dallas Howard, and Allison Janney also support the upcoming movie. Meanwhile, Chris Lowell adds the masculine side to the PG-13-rated film. Directed and written by Tate Taylor, the movie will arrive in theaters nationwide on August 12.
- 'Full Frontal with Samantha Bee' Resurrects Will Ferrel's Dubya Impersonation in 'Not WHCD'
- Liam Payne and Cheryl's Baby Name Allegedly Revealed
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld and Alessia Cara's Performances at 2017 Radio Disney Music Awards
- Are They Splitting Up? Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson Have 'Explosive' Fights
- 'Fate of the Furious' Stays Atop Box Office for Third Consecutive Weekend, Passes $1B Worlwide
- 'Last Ship' Halts Production as Eric Dane Battles Depression
- Little Mix, Justin Bieber and Bruno Mars Among Winners at Radio Disney Music Awards 2017
- Radio Disney Music Awards 2017: Noah Cyrus, Camila Cabello and Sabrina Carpenter Stun on Red Carpet