Official Audio Stream of David Cook's 'The Last Goodbye'
The first taste of David Cook's upcoming studio album has been officially released. Titled "The Last Goodbye", it was debuted hours after it leaked. The pop/rock track offers an upbeat-sounding take with lyrics, "If you hear this on the radio, then we've already said our last goodbye."
Co-written by Cook with the help from OneRepublic's Ryan Tedder, the song is listed among new materials in "This Loud Morning" CD. The track comes from production hands of Matt Serletic, and will be showcased for the very first time on "American Idol" result show on Thursday, April 21.
"I'm certainly looking forward to meeting the new contestants, and also really excited to meet the new judges," he told THR about the upcoming show. "From what I've seen so far, Steven Tyler is a riot, and I think J.Lo's been incredible. And I'm excited to see Randy, Ryan and everybody behind the scenes."
He's going to follow up the song release by dropping the album across the United States on June 28. "This album is the culmination of one of the loftiest endeavors I've ever undertaken. The end result is an album that I cannot wait to share with everyone," he gushed.
It's been three years since David dropped his first post-"Idol" album which is a self-titled one. "Yeah, it's been a very long labor of love... But I think it's how long this record needed to take. Lyrically, musically, emotionally, this record is open. There's some fresh wound moments, for sure," he stated.
- Macklemore Fighting His Demons in 'Drug Dealer' Music Video
- Gerard Butler Set to Return as Mike Banning in 'Angel Has Fallen'
- Bruno Mars Describes Adele as Diva: 'She's Got All This Attitude'
- Kim Kardashian Filming 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Backstage at Kanye West's Concert
- Katy Perry Celebrates 32nd Birthday by Voting for Hillary Clinton and Hitting Kanye West's Concert
- 'Knight Rider' Gets Reboot From Producer Justin Lin
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip