Official Audio Stream of David Cook's 'The Last Goodbye'
The first taste of David Cook's upcoming studio album has been officially released. Titled "The Last Goodbye", it was debuted hours after it leaked. The pop/rock track offers an upbeat-sounding take with lyrics, "If you hear this on the radio, then we've already said our last goodbye."
Co-written by Cook with the help from OneRepublic's Ryan Tedder, the song is listed among new materials in "This Loud Morning" CD. The track comes from production hands of Matt Serletic, and will be showcased for the very first time on "American Idol" result show on Thursday, April 21.
"I'm certainly looking forward to meeting the new contestants, and also really excited to meet the new judges," he told THR about the upcoming show. "From what I've seen so far, Steven Tyler is a riot, and I think J.Lo's been incredible. And I'm excited to see Randy, Ryan and everybody behind the scenes."
He's going to follow up the song release by dropping the album across the United States on June 28. "This album is the culmination of one of the loftiest endeavors I've ever undertaken. The end result is an album that I cannot wait to share with everyone," he gushed.
It's been three years since David dropped his first post-"Idol" album which is a self-titled one. "Yeah, it's been a very long labor of love... But I think it's how long this record needed to take. Lyrically, musically, emotionally, this record is open. There's some fresh wound moments, for sure," he stated.
- Louis Tomlinson Blasts Media, Asks Them to Respect Son's Privacy Amid Custody Battle
- Iggy Azalea Receives Flowers From Nick Young's Teammate D'Angelo Russell After Breakup?
- Daniel Radcliffe Plays Corpse on Red Carpet of 'Swiss Army Man' Premiere
- Matthew McConaughey Could Be Your Teacher. Actor Is Going to Teach at University of Texas
- Drake 'Never Stops' Loving Rihanna
- 'Underworld: Blood Wars' Release Date Is Pushed Back to 2017
- Amber Rose on Kanye West's 'Famous': 'I've Worked My F***ing Ass Off'
- Kris Jenner, 60, Is Reportedly Trying for Another Baby