'DWTS' Recap: Hines Ward Has Sensuality, Chelsea Kane Exuberant
"Dancing with the Stars" had a Patriot's Day theme this week with eight contestants left. Donning cowboy costumes, Ralph Macchio and his partner Karina Smirnoff opened the show that night with their samba.
One of the frontrunners, Ralph took a step back that night. Len Goodman said he is "not consistent," although he did not call it "terrible". Bruno Toli exclaimed, "Give me sex, man!" and added, "The line dance and two-step was very, very good, but we're looking for a samba." But Carrie Ann Inaba thought otherwise, saying "I think that was a great, entertaining performance!" He scored 22 out of 30.
Currently leading the overall score positions, Hines Ward showed one of the dances of the night with his rumba. Bruno gushed, "...just the right amount of sensuality to make the ladies swoon!" Len said, "It has a naturalness about it. It's got an ease and an elegance that is charming," and Carrie chimed in, "Hines, you make it look so easy. You have the best hip action I have seen in a long time." The judges gave him 27.
Chris Jericho also impressed the judges, scoring 26 with his Viennese waltz. "Big, yet graceful. Strong, yet delicate of touch. Elegant, with a sweeping sense of romance. It was absolutely wonderful!" Bruno gushed. Meanwhile, Carrie admitted, "In some weird way, I feel like we've underestimated you." Len gave a credit to Chris' professional dancing partner Cheryl Burke, "It's so nice to see Cheryl showing off the Rocky Mountains there."
Petra Nemcova danced the quickstep. Though Len and Bruno were not too harsh with their comments, she only scored 22 from the three judges. Kirstie Alley, Kendra Wilkinson and Lil' Romeo danced the foxtrot. Kirstie only scored 23 although she got positive reviews. Kendra Wilkinson was still among the lowest scorer with 22, but Len and Carrie thought she has improved. Lil' Romeo, meanwhile, did the best foxtrot as he scored 26.
Wrapping up the performances was Chelsea Kane (previously known as Chelsea Staub). Though her song choice, "Party in the USA", did not match with the theme, she did shake the audience. Len gushed, "This was real good fun!" and Bruno added, "The best of both worlds! And you're so clean!" She got 26.
"Dancing with the Stars" will return on Tuesday, April 19 with a result show where another dancer is sent home.
More Dancing with the Stars News
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says