First Look at Lady GaGa's 'Judas' Music Video Surfaces
Lady GaGa's potentially-offensive music video in support of her new single "Judas" has been teased in a picture. In this black-and-white image, the "Born This Way" hitmaker is seen wearing long-sleeved outfit with her hair pulled back in a tight bun. She wears a cat-eye make-up and a protrusion on her cheekbone.
In this upcoming music video, GaGa is going to play Mary Magdalene opposite "Hawaii Five-0" actor Norman Reedus who is tapped to portray Judas. It hasn't got any premiere date, but has already received criticism from the Catholic League for Religious and Civil Rights.
The Monster ringleader hasn't responded to the comment, but her creative director Laurieann Gibson indeed said the video will be "phenomenal." She furthermore dished on, "[It's] really powerful, really impactful..and it's really going to shock the world."
Choosing the religious theme, Gibson admitted to The Hollywood Reporter that she initially feared of where the video was going and considered to back out of the project. "I was like, 'Listen, I don't want lightning to strike me!'," she said. "I believe in the gospel and I'm not going there."
"Judas" is produced by RedOne for Lady GaGa's eagerly-awaited studio album "Born This Way" which is slated for U.S. release on May 23. An official cover art for the standard edition of the upcoming CD has been revealed, featuring GaGa as a half human and half motorcycle.
More Lady GaGa News
- Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys Welcome First Child
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West