David Arquette Had to Act 'Childish' to Express Pain
David Arquette got notoriously open about his personal life after separating from wife Courteney Cox back in October. Now, the "Scream 4" actor admitted to People Magazine that he was behaving immaturely. When met at Hollywood Bites Back event in Los Angeles last Saturday, April 16, he insisted it was all to express his pain due to the split.
"I went through a really hard time, and my way of dealing with it was just to blow it all up," explained the 39-year-old, who has sought help for his "alcohol and other issues" and been sober for more than 100 days. "I did act childish[ly], but at the same time I had to - I was really hurt. It was hard for me to deal with this, but what I had to do ultimately was step back and take a look at myself."
Though he was at first not ready to deal with the aspects of his personality that he didn't like, David now said, "I'm really getting in touch with my feelings, and trying to process them in a more appropriate way." He added, "It's easy to numb them, but it's more fulfilling to feel them. I don't have a desire to drink."
At the same event, the actor brother of Patricia Arquette and Rosanna Arquette told Us Weekly he is ready to stop talking about his marital problems openly. "I'm sick of it myself," he confessed. "I think I'm trying to talk about it so much so you guys get sick of it."
"All of this started because there are lies out there a lot of the time, and I wanted to be honest and speak my mind," he explained further. "Now it's evolved into so much, but we have a movie that came out yesterday and it's on people's minds I guess."
- 'Homeland' Finds Its Female President in 'House of Cards' Star
- Lindsay Lohan's Father Confirms She Told Him She's Pregnant
- Beyonce and 4-Year-Old Blue Ivy Play Twinsie in Cute Pictures
- Shonda Rhimes Denies 'GMA' Report That 'Scandal' Is Ending With Season 6
- Ellen Pompeo Admits She Stays on 'Grey's Anatomy' Because of Her Age
- James McAvoy Is a Psychopath in 'Split' Trailer
- Kristen Stewart 'So Much Happier' With Girlfriend Alicia Cargile Than With Any Man
- Watch: Elizabeth Banks, Idina Menzel and More Stars Cover 'Fight Song' for Hillary Clinton