'Black Swan' Body Double Upset of Natalie Portman's Exclusiveness
The "Black Swan" controversy regarding the amount of "untouched" dance that Natalie Portman did for the movie, continues. The body double has spoken to ABC's "20/20", saying the filmmakers were lying when they said Portman did eighty percent of the ballet.
"I'm not speaking like I feel like I should be heralded," Sarah Lane told Elizabeth Vargas. "I'm speaking because [the filmmakers] are completely lying about the amount of dancing Natalie did in the movie. When those incorrect things are coming out, and they threaten the entire principle of ballet, then I feel like I need to say something."
Director Darren Aronofsky defended the accusation that Portman was only a dummy during dance scenes, saying in a statement last month that of 139 dance scenes shot in the film, 111 of them were done by the actress without editing. The director added Lane did 28 of them which is only 20 percent of the total.
"20/20" then went to investigate Aronofsky's statement which he claimed was based on the film's editor's count. Editor Andy Weisblum told the news show, "There are about 35 shots that are full-body shots in the movie. Of those 35 shots, 12 are Natalie, and then the rest are Sarah. But over the overall film, Natalie did a lot more than that. I mean, she did most of the other shots. It was sometimes hard for me to tell the difference as the editor, it was so close."
This case has been put on the spotlight since Portman did not thank her body double when winning an Oscar for her role. Lane said she "expected" not to receive any and is not "disgruntled" over the no-credit. She added, "I did wish that she could have said something nice about ballet itself instead of saying that it was so horrible and she's so glad she's done with it."
- Prince's Rep Addresses Jay-Z's Rumored $40 Million Offer for His Unreleased Music
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' Showrunner Bryan Fuller Departs the TV Series
- Kevin Hart Eyed to Play Santa Clause in Disney's 'Dashing Through the Snow'
- Kesha Previews 4 New Songs, Hopes to Release New Album 'Early Next Year'
- Are They Engaged? Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson Flaunt Matching Rings on Instagram
- Michael Phelps Secretly Weds Nicole Johnson
- Amber Tamblyn Expecting Her First Child With David Cross
- Macklemore Fighting His Demons in 'Drug Dealer' Music Video