A.J. Cook Signs Two-Year Deal to Return to 'Criminal Minds'
The deal is sealed; A.J. Cook will be back to "Criminal Minds". After being in talks for a week, the blonde beauty has finally closed a two-year-deal to return to the crime drama series as a regular, so Deadline reports.
Cook will first reprise her role of Jennifer 'JJ' Jareau as a guest star in the series' sixth season finale which is set to air on May 18. The 32-year-old actress will later rejoin the CBS show full-time when it returns in the fall.
Cook departed "Criminal Minds" last season due to creative reason and budget cut. She then appeared in two episodes of this season to wrap the storyline of her character. In the story, she is transferred from BAU to Pentagon.
Beside Cook, Paget Brewster reportedly could also return to the show after she left earlier this season. Words are, if Brewster's comedy pilot for NBC, "My Life as an Experiment", does not get picked up, CBS may bring her back as well.
Cook's return may bring bad news for Rachel Nichols who was brought in to play a new agent to replace JJ. Original cast Thomas Gibson and Shemar Moore's future on the TV series is also vague since they have not closed deals for next season.
More Criminal Minds News
- 'The Talk' Host Sheryl Underwood Cries as She Reveals Terrifying Rape Ordeal
- Brie Larson to Play U.S. First Female Presidential Candidate in Victoria Woodhull Biopic
- Netflix Debuts 'Death Note' Teaser Trailer and It's Slammed for Whitewashing
- Michael Shannon Joins Contention to Play Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus Caught in Lip-Lock Amid Romance Rumors
- Lorde, Muse, The Killers, Chance the Rapper, Arcade Fire to Headline 2017 Lollapalooza
- William Shatner Says Nick Viall 'Needs to Go' From 'DWTS', the 'Bachelor' Star Reacts
- Zac Efron Is Drag Queen, The Rock Disses One Direction in New 'Baywatch' Trailer