A.J. Cook Signs Two-Year Deal to Return to 'Criminal Minds'
The deal is sealed; A.J. Cook will be back to "Criminal Minds". After being in talks for a week, the blonde beauty has finally closed a two-year-deal to return to the crime drama series as a regular, so Deadline reports.
Cook will first reprise her role of Jennifer 'JJ' Jareau as a guest star in the series' sixth season finale which is set to air on May 18. The 32-year-old actress will later rejoin the CBS show full-time when it returns in the fall.
Cook departed "Criminal Minds" last season due to creative reason and budget cut. She then appeared in two episodes of this season to wrap the storyline of her character. In the story, she is transferred from BAU to Pentagon.
Beside Cook, Paget Brewster reportedly could also return to the show after she left earlier this season. Words are, if Brewster's comedy pilot for NBC, "My Life as an Experiment", does not get picked up, CBS may bring her back as well.
Cook's return may bring bad news for Rachel Nichols who was brought in to play a new agent to replace JJ. Original cast Thomas Gibson and Shemar Moore's future on the TV series is also vague since they have not closed deals for next season.
More Criminal Minds News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media