'Vampire Diaries' Star Nina Dobrev Scored Movie Role
Nina Dobrev is ready to make a transition from a TV star to a movie babe. Claiming her fame through The CW's "The Vampire Diaries", Dobrev is cast in a film based on Stephen Chbosky's novel "The Perks of Being a Wallflower" as a new character which cannot be found in the book, Candance.
Chbosky, who would also direct the film, adapted the novel to a screenplay for Logan Lerman, Emma Watson and Paul Rudd. Lerman is to take the lead role of Charlie who is driven to drugs, abortion, and homosexuality after his bestfriend's suicide. Watson presumably plays his older love interest and Rudd his English teacher.
Although added for the film's reason, Candance is "a much sought-after lead role", Deadline reported. The filming will start in Pennsylvania during Dobrev's hiatus from "The Vampire Diaries," which wrapped its second season filming in Atlanta on Friday, April 15.
For years, Dobrev starred on "Degrassi: The Next Generation" as Mia Jones. Her most recent big screen role was that in "The Roommate".
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers