'Vampire Diaries' Star Nina Dobrev Scored Movie Role
Nina Dobrev is ready to make a transition from a TV star to a movie babe. Claiming her fame through The CW's "The Vampire Diaries", Dobrev is cast in a film based on Stephen Chbosky's novel "The Perks of Being a Wallflower" as a new character which cannot be found in the book, Candance.
Chbosky, who would also direct the film, adapted the novel to a screenplay for Logan Lerman, Emma Watson and Paul Rudd. Lerman is to take the lead role of Charlie who is driven to drugs, abortion, and homosexuality after his bestfriend's suicide. Watson presumably plays his older love interest and Rudd his English teacher.
Although added for the film's reason, Candance is "a much sought-after lead role", Deadline reported. The filming will start in Pennsylvania during Dobrev's hiatus from "The Vampire Diaries," which wrapped its second season filming in Atlanta on Friday, April 15.
For years, Dobrev starred on "Degrassi: The Next Generation" as Mia Jones. Her most recent big screen role was that in "The Roommate".
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart