Elisabeth Moss and January Jones to Compete for Emmy's Lead Actress
For years, Elisabeth Moss and January Jones have been swapping places as the nominee of Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series. Last year, Moss was downsized to supporting category when "Mad Men" team would like to acknowledge Jones as the lead. This year, these two could go head to head in the Lead Actress nomination.
Moss, who portrays Peggy Olson on the AMC drama, has decided to move back up to the lead because her character has been quite pivotal in the fourth season. In the meantime, Jones' Betty Draper received less screen time in season 4 following her divorce from the central character Don Draper. However, Jones refuses to resort to Supporting Actress category.
The Academy of Television Arts & Sciences Interactive Media Peer Group has started calling for entries in the 63rd Primetime Emmy Awards competition. The contenders would be announced in mid-July.
Moss and Jones actually have gone head-to-head at this year's Golden Globes race but only Moss got a room in the Lead Actress nomination.
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding