Elisabeth Moss and January Jones to Compete for Emmy's Lead Actress
For years, Elisabeth Moss and January Jones have been swapping places as the nominee of Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series. Last year, Moss was downsized to supporting category when "Mad Men" team would like to acknowledge Jones as the lead. This year, these two could go head to head in the Lead Actress nomination.
Moss, who portrays Peggy Olson on the AMC drama, has decided to move back up to the lead because her character has been quite pivotal in the fourth season. In the meantime, Jones' Betty Draper received less screen time in season 4 following her divorce from the central character Don Draper. However, Jones refuses to resort to Supporting Actress category.
The Academy of Television Arts & Sciences Interactive Media Peer Group has started calling for entries in the 63rd Primetime Emmy Awards competition. The contenders would be announced in mid-July.
Moss and Jones actually have gone head-to-head at this year's Golden Globes race but only Moss got a room in the Lead Actress nomination.
- Beyonce Delays Start of Her Minneapolis Concert due to Storm
- Kelly Osbourne Retaliates Against Ozzy's Alleged Mistress. How?
- Chris Evans and Robert Downey Jr. Fly to California to Surprise Cancer-Stricken Fan
- New 'Halloween' Movie Is in the Works With the Original's Helmer Attached
- 'Bachelorette' Premiere Recap: JoJo Meets Her Suitors. Who Makes the Most Memorable Entrance?
- Blac Chyna Shares First Ultrasound Picture Along With Sweet Message for Rob Kardashian
- Ariana Grande Makes Out a Lot in 'Into You' Music Video
- New CG-Animated 'Garfield' in the Works as Franchise