Elisabeth Moss and January Jones to Compete for Emmy's Lead Actress
For years, Elisabeth Moss and January Jones have been swapping places as the nominee of Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series. Last year, Moss was downsized to supporting category when "Mad Men" team would like to acknowledge Jones as the lead. This year, these two could go head to head in the Lead Actress nomination.
Moss, who portrays Peggy Olson on the AMC drama, has decided to move back up to the lead because her character has been quite pivotal in the fourth season. In the meantime, Jones' Betty Draper received less screen time in season 4 following her divorce from the central character Don Draper. However, Jones refuses to resort to Supporting Actress category.
The Academy of Television Arts & Sciences Interactive Media Peer Group has started calling for entries in the 63rd Primetime Emmy Awards competition. The contenders would be announced in mid-July.
Moss and Jones actually have gone head-to-head at this year's Golden Globes race but only Moss got a room in the Lead Actress nomination.
- 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Features Surprise Return of 'Iron Man' Character
- Jamie Foxx Says Dating at 49 Is 'Tough' Amid Katie Holmes Romance Rumors
- Fans Are Losing It Over Eminem's New Beard - See Their Hilarious Reactions
- Stephen Colbert Announces Plan to Run for President in 2020, Asks Russians' Help for His Campaign
- Tupac Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Creators Slapped With Copyright Infringement Lawsuit
- Caitlyn Jenner Fuels Dating Rumors With This Blonde Beauty
- Snoop Dogg Denies Mocking His 'Nephew' Young Thug in 'Moment I Feared' Video
- 'RuPaul's Drag Race' Season 9 Finale: Does Your Favorite Win?