Elisabeth Moss and January Jones to Compete for Emmy's Lead Actress
For years, Elisabeth Moss and January Jones have been swapping places as the nominee of Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series. Last year, Moss was downsized to supporting category when "Mad Men" team would like to acknowledge Jones as the lead. This year, these two could go head to head in the Lead Actress nomination.
Moss, who portrays Peggy Olson on the AMC drama, has decided to move back up to the lead because her character has been quite pivotal in the fourth season. In the meantime, Jones' Betty Draper received less screen time in season 4 following her divorce from the central character Don Draper. However, Jones refuses to resort to Supporting Actress category.
The Academy of Television Arts & Sciences Interactive Media Peer Group has started calling for entries in the 63rd Primetime Emmy Awards competition. The contenders would be announced in mid-July.
Moss and Jones actually have gone head-to-head at this year's Golden Globes race but only Moss got a room in the Lead Actress nomination.
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'