Elisabeth Moss and January Jones to Compete for Emmy's Lead Actress
For years, Elisabeth Moss and January Jones have been swapping places as the nominee of Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series. Last year, Moss was downsized to supporting category when "Mad Men" team would like to acknowledge Jones as the lead. This year, these two could go head to head in the Lead Actress nomination.
Moss, who portrays Peggy Olson on the AMC drama, has decided to move back up to the lead because her character has been quite pivotal in the fourth season. In the meantime, Jones' Betty Draper received less screen time in season 4 following her divorce from the central character Don Draper. However, Jones refuses to resort to Supporting Actress category.
The Academy of Television Arts & Sciences Interactive Media Peer Group has started calling for entries in the 63rd Primetime Emmy Awards competition. The contenders would be announced in mid-July.
Moss and Jones actually have gone head-to-head at this year's Golden Globes race but only Moss got a room in the Lead Actress nomination.
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart